Chapter Five

~Carmen's POV~

I sat beside Peter and May in the doctor's office waiting for my name to be called. Normally I would hold Peter's hand while we were here but after he told me about Liz being his date to homecoming I haven't even wanted to look at him. I hear my name standing up and pushing back Peter's hand when he tried to hold it glancing back at him to see his confused expression. I cross my arms walking back with Peter following behind me as May stays in the waiting room. I hop on the table laying back "the doctor will be in to see you soon" the nurse says as I nod pulling my shirt up looking at my tiny baby bump. "Carmen, are you okay?" I look over at Peter nodding "of course I'm okay" I say softly reaching for his hand. He smiles softly taking it. 

~Peter's POV~

I took Carmen's hand smiling at her. I know something is wrong but now isn't the time to talk right now is about the baby. I look up at the doctor as they come in explaining what all they were gonna do. The doctor rubs the gel onto Carmen's belly "you know the baby is about the size of a grape" the doctor says causing both Car and me to smile. I rub her knuckles with my thumb looking up at the screen. I really can't believe that's my baby. "her earlobes are formed along with her mouth, nose, and her nostrils" she says pointing to things and zooming them in "the baby weighs about an ounce which is perfectly normal." she explains. "So everything is okay with the baby?" Carmen asks as the doctor nods handing her a paper towel to wipe her belly and then me some pictures. I smile putting the pictures in an envelope and then into Carmen's bag. I stand up helping Car up and walking her back out to meet May in the waiting room.

~At Home Carmen's POV~

MJ and Ned came over after our doctors appoint so were all just sitting on the floor of Peter's and I's room. Ned and MJ are looking at the ultrasound pictures "its so cute" Ned says looking at me. "I can actually see something that looks like a baby." MJ pipes in causing Peter to give her a 'really' look as I giggle softly causing him to glance at me "what shes right." he chuckles wrapping his arm around my shoulders nodding. I smile softly as Ned raises his eyebrows at me as I roll my eyes at him playfully. My smile slowly fades when I see that Peter is texting Liz "you alright Car?" MJ asks "oh its nothing just that before long everyone's gonna know about this baby" I whisper resting my hand on my belly "and I just I hope it doesn't ruin things with Peter and Liz or keep me from finding someone." MJ nods smiling.

~A few weeks later Carmen's POV~ (Sorry for the time skips)

I've got my shirt pulled up to under my breasts staring at my belly in the mirror trying to button my pants "oh my god! Peter come help me." I whine out "with?" he says popping his head into our shared room "my pants won't button." He giggles softly "last time they wouldn't button I about got popped in the eye by a button." I glare at him over my shoulder "Peter.." he smiles softly "I'm sorry" he says walking over to his closet and pulling out a shirt "here just wear my shirt till we can get you some new pants. I sigh taking it "ill meet you outside." I get changed into his shirt along with some leggings deciding I didn't want to wear unbuttoned jeans. 

~In Ms. Welder's class~

"Peter she's staring at me again" I whisper softly talking about Liz. He sighs softly waving her over since we're having free time right now. I watch as she walks over sitting down on the table "hey" she smiles at him "hey, can I um ask you something Liz?" she nods softly "well why do you um keep looking at Carmen?" she looks over at me looking up and down then back to Peter "it's just because that's your shirt right?" she says pointing to the shirt I'm wearing he nods "it is." he confirms nervously. "why is she wearing it?" "because.. um because" "you aren't like sleeping with her because I'm not gonna put up with th-" Liz starts off but I cut her off "shut up! I'm wearing his damn shirt cause none of mine frecking fit! You wanna know why it's because I got kicked out and I don't have the money to buy more clothes!" she looks at me with a look of disgust along with the other students and Ms. Welder from where I yelled "why would you live with Peter and need his clothes!" she shouts back I huff lightly standing and getting into her face "well it's because Peter and I are" I stop for a second putting my hand on Peter's shoulder "are gonna be parents" I could feel everyones eyes on me but all i could do is smirk at Liz's face whos looking between Peter and I "what the fuck!!". I glance down to Peter his face bright red and mouth wide open in shock.