Chapter 1

This is a new chapter, with new ideas, new characters will be introduced and a better longer story. Bare with me as I update the chapters and make it seemingly be better. As I previous stated, some things will remain the same, and others will change. Thank you! Continue on.

   Mia Hawkins

   January 21, 2019

         "So you aren't going to talk?" Detective Leon states, his arms crossed firmly in front of his chest. His eyes narrowed at me as if it help me speak. Here I am sitting in a dimly lit interrogation room due to something I didn't even do. Well, they can't prove I had any part in it.

I simply shrug my shoulders, looking down at my cuticles. If I don't say anything, what's the worse they can do? I'm a minor, and technically it's illegal to be asking me questions without my guardian knowing. Detective Leon shakes his head as he pushes his chair out and stands up.

"I can promise you, you not talking will do you more harm than good Mia. You need to figure out that what you're doing isn't the best for you." The cop tells me, his words almost sounding sincere.

But I'm not a snitch.

  August 10, 2019

   It's the Saturday before I start my junior year, and let me tell you that I'm more than nervous. I shouldn't be, I've been attending the same school since freshmen year, but the fact of me having certain group of friends this year makes me nervous.

A light tap on my window pulls me away from the many thoughts circulating my mind. I glance at the clock on my nightstand, 10:48 pm. Who could or even be?

I push myself off of my bed, and walk the short distance to the window that I have in my room. When I see the person, I can't help the certain feeling move across my body. I gladly flip the locks  and slide the window up.

The person moves inside, as if they know what they are doing. Because let's be honest, they do.

"What are you doing here!" I question, a small laugh leaving me as the person I've been seeing grabs a hold of my waist and draws me closer to scent of cigarette smoke and old spice.

"You already know. I came to see you." He whispers lowly, his face inching closer to mine. I can't help the small hitch in my breathe as I let my arms snake around his neck as I let my mouth brush against his.

Before I can actually kiss him, I can hear the heavy footsteps coming my way. I quickly let go of him, and the boy instantly moves to lay underneath the bed frame. A perfect hiding spot, as if it's a cliche in a movie.

My bedroom door opens without a single knock, and there stands my older brother. My brother who had to grow up way to quickly after our parents abandoned us when he turned eighteen. Dylan.

"I'm just letting you know, they need me to do some things for them so I might be home a little late. You think you'll be alright?" Dylan questions, his hand holding the outer frame of the door. I nod my head, my arms crossing in front of my chest.

"Yeah totally, I was just about to head to bed anyways." I lamely say, as I fake a yawn and stretch out my arms. Dylan raises an eyebrow but says nothing of my fib as he bids me a goodnight and closes the door.

The footsteps start fading out, and that's when I feel the arms wrap around my body.

"Now where were we?"

  The first chapter is officially updated with a better plot sense. Hope you enjoy! Chapter 2 will be updated as soon as possible. :)