Surprise

Blades' p.o.v

I yawned when I awoke. I saw red arms wrapped around me like every other morning. It would never get old. I decided not to wake him and started to move. The arms around me got tighter and Heatwaves face was in my neck. I giggled a bit before I put my servo on his servo and removed it. I rolled out and made it to my knees on the ground. I used the berth to get myself up. I walked out. Cody was reading a book while Graham and Boulder were talking about some statistics stuff.

"Hey Blades!" Dani came around the corner with her suit tied around her waist. I smiled wide. "How is everything? Sorry I couldn't talk sooner, Blur and I have been busy with rescues." I shrugged.

"Everything is doing okay. I'm glad there hasn't been any too bad rescues. I'd hate to just sit here doing nothing while you guys are risking your lives." Dani smiled.

"Aw Blades, if there were any too bad rescues we would want you to be here anyway. I want that sparkling completely safe. I can't wait to see him or her!" Dani squealed in delight and started walking off. "I'm gonna go make some breakfast!" She was in a good mood for the rest of the day, I can just tell.

"Blades, today we find out what the sparkling is. Would you like to do it before Heatwave gets up so you can surprise him. He's probably going to freak out that he can't find you if he does but it's good for him to freak out a bit." Boulder chuckled. I laughed.

"That'd be great. I think he'll be happy with a surprise." Boulder smiled. Graham set down some stuff for Boulder and sat in a seat to watch. I laid down on the berth and let Boulder hook me up with wires.

"Just relax. I going to run some tests and everything. Then when I get them back. I'll let you know."

Heatwaves p.o.v

I grunted when I started searching for a form with my arms. I opened my optics, no one was there. "Blades?" I sat up and looked around the room. No one. I got up and looked around. Cody was reading a book. "Hey Cody, have you seen Blades?" Cody looked up from his book with a small smile.

"Hey Heatwave! Oh yeah, I did see Blades. He went to Boulder after talking with Dani." I smiled and nodded a thanks as he went back to reading his book.

When I walked around the corner Blades was sitting on the berth, he had a big smile. Boulder was smiling also. Graham was astonished. "What's going on?" All three of them whipped their heads in my direction. There smiles widened. Blades stood. He came over to me. "Is everything okay?" He nods.

"Everything is better than okay. I went out this morning because today is the day I figure out the gender. Boulder just told me." I look shocked and excitement fills my body.

"What's the gender?" I was grinning like mad. I could feel it! This is so exciting! Blades smiles at me. He turns to look at Graham and Boulder who nod and walk out. We're both alone now.

"Tell me. What gender would you want?" I start to think even though I know the answer to this. Really, I wouldn't mind. As long as the sparkling made it out okay. I will be happy with anything.

"Blades, it doesn't matter what gender our sparkling is. Which ever is perfect for me. I just want our sparkling to come out healthy and okay." His smile widens as he looks at me.

"That's good. I'm happy to hear it. I don't want to upset you if it's not the gender you want." His smile turns into a smirk as he crosses his arms. "But, I'm not going to tell you yet." My jaw drops.

"What? Please tell me!" He laughs and shakes his helm.

"We have to tell Optimus first. I'll tell you when I know it's the right time. You'll be much happier when it's sudden." I nod in agreement with a small sigh.

"You got me." He laughs and I hug him. He lets me as he hugs back. "I'm such a lucky bot Blades. I love you so much." I tighten the hug.

"I love you too Heatwave. Always remember that." I lean back a bit and kiss his helm. He nudges my chest.

"I have to get to work. I promise to make time for us. We can watch a movie tonight." We break apart as he smiles wide. "Besides, I'm not sure how long I can stand Kade for today." Blades giggles. Ah that giggle. I love it so much.

"I'll make sure you don't stay away too long. Good luck today. Be careful, please. You have a sparkling to come home to." I kiss his helm one more time before I get called on a rescue.

Time Skip

We arrived on the scene. A fire at the bakery. Smoke covered the area and the fire was close to the street.

"Robot, close the road!" Chase gave one nod to Chief and started to escort people and cars in the other direction. One of the civilians screamed and grabbed onto Kade, "mister, baker John is still in there!" Kade looked at Chief. "Dad, I'm going in! Robot, cover me!" I glared and started to make a path by putting out the fire with my water. Kade came out later with a wheezing John.

"Dani, Blur! Get that man to a hospital, now!" Everyone did there jobs. The fire was put out. I sighed as everyone was found ok. "Boulder, Graham, let's find out what started this thing." Chief sighed. We found out it was an over cooked pie that had been forgotten about. After we all had cleaned up and helped put it back together, we went home.

"How did it go?" Blades Asked. Cody was waiting eagerly for an answer also.

"John was ok. He just needed to get the smoke out of his lungs. We already rebuilt the bakery and it should be reopened tomorrow. The fire started because of a pie." Cody shook his head, "Poor John." I nod, "yeah."

"Optimus is planning to call us. I told him we were going to. I thought it would be okay if he did." Blades was tapping his fingers together in a nervous manner. I smiled at him.

"Of course. Let's go. See ya later Cody." Cody waves and takes the elevator to the next floor. Blades and I walk to the control center. We wait until Optimus starts calling. I look at Blades, he nods. I press the answer button. Optimus' faceplates appear on the screen.

"I hear I was needed at a certain moment." He looks down at the both of us quizzically. "Where are the others? Do you acquire assistance?" I shake my helm. "What is wrong?"

"Nothing. I...we have some big news Optimus. We just wanted to wait until it was all sorted and official." Optimus rose a brow in curiosity. "Blades is...sparked, sir." Optimus' optics go wide.

"Are you alright Blades? What happened? Decepticon?" I figure Bumblebee took our word on keeping it a secret. It's weird to see Optimus worry. He's never acted like this, although Bumblebee did give me a warning.

"No sir." Blades says. He comes up to my side.

"Blades and I...we're together sir." Optimus smiles, wide. I've never seen such a smile from a Prime. Never a smile if I might add.

"This is great news. I'm happy for the both of you. Congratulations." Optimus is happy for us. The smile across his faceplates prove this. "If you acquire a Doctor when later in the months Ratchet, my medical officer, may assist you help." I nod curtly, "thank you Optimus." He smiles, "have you found the gender to your sparkling?" Blades nods.

"I found out today. I'm keeping it a secret from Heatwave. I can tell you though." He looks to me and I roll my optics with a big smile. I walk out of the room and away from the door. I take a seat on the couch and let Blades talk to Optimus for the rest of the call.

Blades comes back ten minutes later. "How did it go?" I ask and he smiles at me. Before he tells me he takes a seat next to me and curls to my side.

"He was happy and will send Ratchet in exactly one month for a quick checkup." I put an arm around him. "I'm so happy Heatwave. So happy." I looked at the moving things on the screen.

"I'm happy you're happy. I'm ready for our family to start." Blades nodded before slipping into sleep. The couch would be our berth for the night. I laid down completely with Blades half on top of me. I had an arm around him. The other loose on my chassis. I to slipped into sleep.