Gender

Heatwaves p.o.v

"Patrolling this area is bogus." Kade groaned as we went down the road. "Besides shouldn't we be heading home now?"

"Kade, we have ten minutes. It takes us five minutes to get home. We'll be fine for five more minutes." Kade groaned once more, whilst grumbling under his breath about Chase and Chief doing patrol. I sighed.

"How's Blades doing?" I almost slammed on my brakes after hearing that. Kade glanced at me. "Pull over." I did as told for once. "How is he?"

"He's doing great actually. Why?" Kade sighs and shakes his head. He pats my dashboard. Kade sets his hat down and runs a hand through his hair.

"You are becoming a father Heatwave. There is going to be a lot you have to do. I mean I know I'm not a father or anything but I'm an older brother of three. I shouldn't put so much on your shoulders. You are going to have a child Heatwave. A cyber-whatever. I'm happy for you and need you to be at your best so that you can be there for Blades. What happens when he goes into labor when you are on a job? You can't drop everything and go to him. That stresses me out even." I sigh in agreement. This has gone through my helm many times before but I know Primus won't let something like that happen.

"Kade, Blades understands what we all do in an everyday life. Some missions not everyone has to go on and there is always team Prime. There's Blurr and Salvage even. If someone needs to fill in for me because my bot is having a baby then so be it. But, if no one can then I have to get the job done. When my sparkling grows up it's not going to want It's life cycle to start by a life ending because of it's spark coming into the world." Kade smiled.

"You can be one gentle bot Heatwave." Heatwave snorted.

"Don't get used to it."

We both drove back to the firehouse, happily. After we reached the doors everyone was standing there. Then, blue confetti hit the ground and Kade laughed. I chuckled also. "Bumblebee coming or something?" Blades smiled and shook his helm. Confusion took its toll on me. Dani and the rest of the humans were hiding their smiles. Chase and Boulder had excitement in their optics.

"Heatwave. What color is that confetti?" Blades asked as he crossed his arms with a cocked hip. I looked at the confetti on the ground and the little bit on me. I walked closer to Blades.

"It's blue." Then...it hit me. "Oh Primus! It's blue! Blue as in mech! Boy blue!" Mech blue boy! Blades were having a mech!" Blades laughed along with everyone in the room. I swooped Blades up and he laughed in delight. I kissed him and set him down, letting go.

"Congratulations!" Boulder yelled blowing on a kazoo. I chuckled.

"You know how I like to plan surprise parties." I smiled and hugged Blades.

"Alright! I made cake!" Dani yelled and ran for the elevator. The other Burnses groaned quietly. "Doc Greene and Frankie will be here soon!" All of them went up in an elevator, talking.

"A mech Blades!" I couldn't believe it. I hugged Blades again as he laughed some more. Chase and Boulder joined the hug.

"I'm so ready to be what humans call and Uncle." Chase mumbled. We all laughed and let go. "Blurr and Salvage are on their way. They had to take care of an oil spillage first. We are preparing the ground bridge for them though." I nodded.

"Well, for now let's all take a seat in the living area and watch some TV. I need to cool down." Blades yawned. I took his servo.

"Let me help you." Blades smiled as I put a servo on his back and held his hand as I lead him to the couch. We sat down together. Boulder and Chase said they needed to clean up. "We need to start thinking of names now that we know the gender." Blades nodded as sleep started to claim him. "We can talk later babe. Sleep well." I laid his helm down on a pillow and brought his peds and legs up on the couch. He bent his knee caps a bit just so he could almost hold his stomach closer to himself. I smiled and kissed his helm. My family was getting bigger.

Time Skip

"Hey Heatwave, What's the new news?" Blurr smiled. I sighed and sat down on a crate. Salvage and Blurr taking two other crates. I saw a piece of blue confetti on the ground and picked it up.

"What color is this?" Blurr looked at it funny.

"Blue, duh."

"Exactly." I let it sink in for moment. Salvage rested his pointer finger on his chin. Then his optics went wide.

"It's a mech!" Blurr smiled excitedly as Salvage blurted out. Even though I was excited also I shushed them and gestures to the snoozing sparked Blades on the couch. They both nodded.

"Have a name yet?" I shook my helm.

"We are going to start thinking though." They both nodded.

"Do you guys mind if we lay back here for a bit? We can help with missions and stuff. Team Prime ran into some trouble the other day. Heard it was pretty bad. Bumblebee sustained a nasty cut. Almost bled out on Ratchet." I went optics wide.

"Bumblebee?" They both nodded.

"What happened. Where did you here that at?" They both sighed but Blurr was the one who stepped up to speak.

"As you know they don't do missions like we do. They fight Decepticons. Even Megatron himself Heatwave. Bumblebee got the cut from Megatron. A Autobot named WheelJack got him from the battle field to Ratchet just in time. Optimus had told us because we were checking in and saw the Prime with debris stuck in his plating. Bumblebee was loosing energon, fast. Ratchet almost didn't get him to pull through. Bee's spark stopped Heatwave. He was gone for a whole minute. Scarred the living out of us all. He's up and moving now though. He's weak and he limps a bit so he doesn't hurt his joints but he's not in the field. He wants to come stay a while also. Just so he can see Blades and hang out. He says he's useless at base and annoys the old bot there." I sighed and shook my helm at the horrid thought of Bee dying.

"I don't mind him staying at all. Anything to get him to slow down a bit." They both nodded a thanks.

"He'll be here tomorrow."

"Good, Blades probably can't wait to see him and tell him all about our mech."