Chapter thirty seven

"Come on, you two," Aris urged. "We've got to go. Son and Har are already inside."

   He stood next to the open ventilation shaft, his hands clasped to boost Thomas and Minho up inside.

"Awesome," Minho said, walking over.

   "Do you need he—"

   "Nope." Minho jumped up and reached the edge. Grunting, He was able to pull himself inside. Afterwards, he turned around to look down at the two. "That was easy," he bragged.

   Thomas and Aris rolled their eyes.

   Minho ignored them, turning around and yelling for Sonya and Harriet to wait up for him. They gave him simultaneous shushes.

Thomas shook his head before turning to Aris. "So where are we going first?"

"I told the girls Janson's office," Aris said. "I want to check some things out. Plus, we can get back at him for kicking you from the track team."

"You heard about that?"

"Sonya told me," Aris admitted. "She heard it from Newt. So yes. But are you ready?"

Thomas nodded.

Aris cupped his hands together again and bent down. Thomas put his foot in and he was lifted up, allowing him to turn and crawl into the ventilation. Once inside, he turned around and helped pull Aris up.

"Which way do we go now?" Thomas asked once they were both inside.

"Straight, then left," Aris directed. "The others aren't far. Follow them when you see them. I need to put the vent back on."

"Got it."

He started off in the other direction.

Straight, he remembered. Then le

"Ow!"

Thomas ran face first into something hard.

"Watch where you're going, shuckface," Minho complained, rubbing his nose. "What's taking you so long?"

"Just talking to Aris," he answered, rubbing the sore spot on his head. "Why'd you come back?"

"Sonya kicked me," Minho grumbled. "I thought you would be nicer."

   "Sorry."

   He snorted. "It's fine. Now hurry up. We're gonna wreck Janson's office and I don't want to miss a second of it."

   Thomas smirked. "Great."

   The two went down path after path, left and right, right and left. Thomas couldn't keep track.

When he asked Minho how he knew where they were going, he just said he listened to the sound of Sonya sighing and hurrying away when the boys got too close.

   Thomas laughed, earning an echoed shush from Sonya. He understood what Minho meant. She was easy to follow.

   "You guys are really loud," Aris noted, crawling up behind them. "And slow too."

   "It's Thomas' fault," Minho said.

   "You always say it's my fault," Thomas whined.

   "That's because it's true."

   "But—"

   "You two need to quiet down," Aris said, squeezing past them. "Thankfully, we're almost there."