1: Routine

*t h in Senthu is pronounced like t h in the

Contrary to popular belief I did not enjoy school. Not in the least bit did I enjoy the place I named hell.

The place allowed loneliness to encapsulate me even though I was surrounded by crowds of people, 24/7.  I enjoyed learning but I didn't care much for the pressure school brought with it.

To be fair I did like school more than the house I lived in. Not a home, just a house.  It was a mansion that radiated with wealth. The house had the best equipment and fittings and there was fancy chandeliers and rooms that I've never bothered to count. But that's all it had. It didn't even have people. For most of the year I was alone here too.

My parents went on business trips often so this house served as more of a hotel to them. The only people that occupied any place here was the cleaning staff and myself.

It was a lonely life that I grew accustomed to.

I sighed as I got out of bed and started my daily routine.

Another day.
Another lonely day.

Routines seemed to be a part of my life. In a way it gave me comfort knowing every single step of my day. But on the other hand it was a boring life to live and the routine itself wasn't all that great, in the first place.

***

Mr Kim drove me to school, like every other day(exclusive of the times my parents were actually home). My window was down which provided me with fresh air. And the fresh air gave me something being couped up at home  failed to - a calm and clear mind. The drives were refreshing and was probably the best part of my day.

Ten minutes later I was inside school, Byul High (today was one of the few times in my life I was early to school) . It was a rich kids school with the best facilities and apparently the best teachers. I'd beg to differ on the latter. Having a fancy degree didn't make you a good teacher. It was the ability to impart knowledge and truly make an impact in a student's life.

I kept my head down as I walked through the corridor to my locker. Less attention the better it was for me.

I didn't have many friends. And by many I mean I didn't have any at all. My fellow classmates looked down upon me because I was a scholarship student. According to them I didn't deserve the privilege of being in their high society school. I scoffed at the thought. My parents could probably buy this school if they wanted to. But I made it my mission to be independent. So I worked hard to get a scholarship even though I knew my parents could very much afford the fees. I didn't want to depend on people whose sole purpose was to make money. I wanted love from my parents not money and if they couldn't give me the former then  they could keep their money.

I opened my locker to take out my chemistry textbook but before I could my locker is shut closed by someone.

I closed my eyes, thankful that my hand wasn't in the locker when the person shut it.

"Hey, nerd." A familiar deep voice said . 

I didn't even need to look to know who it was.

Jeon Jungkook

Jungkook was in the same year as me. And that's where our similarities ended. He was rude, arrogant, popular and extremely attractive.

The glint in his eyes gave him a childlike look and his boyish grin was charming and cute. But he wreaked havoc. His personality contrasted with his appearance. Seeing him one would say he's an innocent, friendly boy. But knowing him makes one realise he's a delinquent and a bully.

I turned my head to look at him but the eye contact made me want to crawl into a hole and never come out. I wasn't shy, not at all. I was just terrified.

Jungkook was a bully- the biggest one at that- and I unfortunately was one of the victims subjected to his tyranny. Possibly his favourite.

"I'm talking to you," he said gruffly.

"So-sorry," I stuttered.

My hands started shaking.

"Is the little nerd nervous?" He asked noticing my hands. He towered over me and it only increased my anxiety.

"What do we have here?" Another voice asked.

Kim Taehyung.
Jungkook's best friend. He was a year above us and was one of the members in the group Jungkook was a part of. The most popular group at school.

Popularity didn't make sense to me. Frankly speaking I found the idea of idolising someone, because they were rich or handsome, preposterous. After high school where would the popularity go? Surely in University all that mattered was work. Being popular in high school wasn't something you could put on a job application as one of your achievements. So really there was no point to it.

Others didn't see it from my point of view. Or maybe they did and were just too scared to go against the ways of the people around them. Either way, they still worshipped the ground these boys walked on.

"Nerd over here keeps zoning out while I'm speaking to her. How disrespectful." Jungkook answered.

'Nerd' was the name Jungkook christened me with after our first meeting. The name stuck and all of my peers had started referring to me as nerd instead of by name.

Jungkook slammed his hand against a locker to gain my attention and he successfully did so.

I looked up and met his eyes filled with fury. Needless to say, I regretted looking up. I hastily averted my gaze but that only seemed to infuriate him even further.

He grabbed my chin and forced me into looking at him.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." He ordered.

"So-sorry," I repeated pathetically.

The apology did nothing because his glare didn't falter. The bell goes for first period but he doesn't move.

"This isn't over," Jungkook said. He bumped into me as he walked away and the force caused me to fall to the floor.

When he left I got up from the floor and ran to my first class.

The routine continued.

__________________________________

So a new story. I hope you guys like it. Please vote and comment.
Mainly comment because I'dlike to know what you think.