Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 40

The castle was brimming with life, everyone had their own makeup artists, fashion stylists. There were photographers waiting, people making sure we were in top condition.

I didn't even have enough time to myself to even be tired, considering that it was 6 AM. Almost as soon as I left my bed, I was pulled out of mine and Alexander's room and into the shower and then one of the many unoccupied rooms which had been changed into dressing rooms. It was me and Henrietta being made up, I had no idea where everyone else was or what they were doing.

I knew, however, that my nerves were hammering away at me, very dull, but the sensation was there. My heart beat slightly faster than usual, my hands more fidgety than I'd like, and my focus was just off.

This was such a big day, we hadn't made many public announcements, and one after the end of the war would mark an unforgettable moment in history, and I was to be part of the centre of it, along with the other Monaghans. Everyone had to fulfil their roles and appear perfect, anything less wouldn't be acceptable.

I was directed to one of the second-floor rooms after showering. A series of signs had been put up all over the castle pointing to different places that had been set up, mostly the dressing rooms and toilets.

The door to my allocated dressing room was opened by one of the many maids around the castle on this particular day. Immediately I made eye contact with a very unimpressed looking Henrietta lounging casually in a black leather seat in front of a large vanity.

"All the rooms in this castle and we have to get ready in the same one," she sighed. "Better than Genevieve. Though, I don't doubt she has a whole suite to herself."

An unfamiliar hair stylist guided me to my chair on the opposite side of Henrietta's, and a maid stood close by, her eyes unfocused on something ahead.

I managed to finally grab her attention after a few unsuccessful attempts of clicking, clapping and coughing. "You don't have to stand there. Sit down somewhere. If I need anything I'll call you over," I said to her as nicely as possible.

"You're too friendly with them," commented Henrietta.

"I'm just being decent. There's no reason for her to stand for however long this is going to take."

"Whatever you say."

A makeup artist approached, introducing herself as Ambrose. She said I'd be going for a more natural look as to not detract from my outfit.

"You hear that Emmanuel's having a large decision in Alexander's look today? He said a big change in appearance would have a positive impact. Especially if he's dressed in brighter colours, which he usually doesn't." I said, after a considerable amount of almost silence in the room.

"If you think black and purple are bright colours then I'm concerned for you," she stated amusingly.

Okay, she had me there, but I didn't know what his outfit looked like. I didn't even know what I was wearing!

However, even if he didn't wear brighter colours, maybe a change in attire would work in his favour. We had to do everything to ensure the people kept their trust in us in order to avoid any chaos that could break out in Nox Aterrima. The effects of that would be detrimental in all areas of life.

As my face was being done by multiple stylists, another lady came in with a pink plastic bottle and slotted it in my hand, replacing my tablet.

"A delicious brunch in a cup! We don't want anyone bloated or unwell so it's dairy and gluten-free," she sang, waiting eagerly for me to take a sip.

Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara