18

It's been two days since Elijah is in coma

It's been two days since Elijah is in coma. Nico is with his grandmother in Zoo, this morning he seemed quite excited. And I am holding hands with Elijah, talking to him.

"Well I hope I am not boring you, you always had better way with words than me. So what is new? Nico is at the Zoo with your mum. Yesterday I briefly met your dad, he still doesn't like me although he did asked me how pregnancy is going along. On this note, our baby is great. I went to check up yesterday, since you know I have been worried, and she is doing great. I am 21 weeks now love. We are halfway threw. Would you like to feel her?"

I gently stand up and place his hand on my belly. I left it there for few moments.

"Princess this is daddy. He can't tell you that right now but he loves you so much. Say hi to daddy."

And that is when I feel it.

No not Elijah's hands squeezing mine, but our Princess kick.

"Elijah, she kicked." I smile.

"Please wake up Elijah. I know you hear me, just know Nico misses you so much. And I miss you too. I sleep with Nico in my old apartment , since I don't like being alone in our big house. It feels empty without you in it."

"My life is empty without you." I sighed.

"I should go now Elijah, I have been here this whole day and I have to pick Nico from your mom. I love you. I don't tell you that often enough. Rest well Elijah, my love." I kiss his lips and go to pick Nico.

•••

After 20minutes drive I came in front of the Zoo.

"Momma! Lwook momma, gwandma bought me toy."

"That is really nice of grandma, did you have fun Nico baby?"

"Yes momma."

"Thank you so much Susan. I hope you had fun too."

"I loved spending time with me grandson. He is really well raised and such a great kid. You did great job Skylar."

"Thank you. For everything, emotional support and watching over Nico. I really needed this day with Elijah. Have a nice evening Susan."

"You two too. Call me if you need anything."

Two days ago in cab me and Susan exchanged numbers, since she said she wants to be a part of our life.

"I will. Nico wave grandma goodbye." Nico waves and cuddles into me.

•••••

It has been 4 months.

4 months. I am loosing my mind. Nico was constantly asking about Elijah, so I told him daddy is feeling bad and is sleeping. He now comes to visits with me. I know you think I am weird for telling a child that, but he cried thinking Elijah is never coming back again. You see even if Elijah was away he would usually call or he wouldn't be away for more then two weeks. The one time that he didn't call and wasn't there was when I gave him time to think. So I hope you understand why it was the best for Nico to see Elijah.

Susan and I have great relationships and even Elijah's dad is warming up. He thought I was after Elijah's money, but he realized that after 4months of constantly visiting him in hospital that is not the case.

Our princess is doing great. Right now I am in 36week. So I have quite a big belly. She is constantly kicking, but she is the most active when I am near Elijah. I can tell she is going to be daddy's girl.

"Elijah love, our baby will be here in about a month please wake up. I don't want to be giving birth alone. I need your support. You need to fill in birth certificate." I whisper to him.

"I love you daddy." Oh yes Nico has really improved his talking skills.

"We are back at our house, you know. I missed you and I am almost always wearing your sweater or sweats. We miss you all."

"Say bye to daddy Nico." He quickly hugges him and kisses his cheek, but not before leaving a drawing. That is how I keep him busy. Every time we came here I tell him to draw Elijah a drawing so he will feel better.

Okay, I guess it's time to go home. I am so tired. This pregnancy, consoling Nico and worry about Elijah.

Oh I forgot. The truck driver who caused accident was taken away driving license and got a pretty big fine. He even offered me some money. I of course didn't take it from him. No amount of money is bringing Elijah back or reverse those happenings. And even if it would I wouldn't take it.

My only wish is for Elijah to wake up before I give birth to princess.

A bit short but let's make it a double update?

So this evening I will be posting another chapter.

What do you think, will Elijah wake up before birth? Or will he miss it?

Love,
Jenna Rose 💗