Chapter Eleven

~Jon's POV~

I was in the car with Evan. We were just getting to know each other. We talked about things like games and just talked like normal friends. We clicked pretty easy, but i kept hearing this voice in my head telling me he was too good to be true. Just like him.

I hated thinking of him. He was everything I wished Evan was not. He was manipulative, betraying and abusive. He is what drove me crazy. What made me insane.

After I finally got away from him, I made sure to be careful about who I could trust. I was careful of who I could love.

Evan though? Evan was amazing. His smile made me melt and his smile made me forget about my troubles. Evan was soft, probably because he knew what I went through. Maybe he went through the same thing I did. I hope not. 

"Jon?" Evan called my name, bringing me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah?" I said to him. He looked over at me and smiled. Oh, how that smile made my heart rate quicken.

"We're at my house." Evan said, opening and closing his door quickly, running over to get mine for me.

I blushed at his simple action, and stepped out of his car, and somehow was able to muster out a quick,

"Thank you."

Evan looked over at me, still smiling, and said, "Of course. We should go get some food prepared for the park." He rubbed the back of his neck with his right arm as his left hand gestured towards the door. 

We got inside his house and I was amazed with what was around me. I didn't pay too much attention to the house as we needed to make some food quickly. We ran around the kitchen trying to make a sufficient lunch for us two, throwing in some extra snacks. We quickly packed up the food and headed to the park excitedly. 

~Evan's POV~

We got to the park with our food and found the boys. Jon and I just talked and ate for a good 30 minutes. His voice was like heaven to my ears. It was so calming. I could listen to him talk for hours.

"Wanna go for a walk? I mean, we are at the park after all." Jon asked.

"Oh. Um, sure!" I said as I got up.

Jon got up and we started walking. We had nowhere in particular in mind. 

"So, what's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Blue. Like the ocean."

"That's where we should go someday. Just me and you. We can run around and build sandcastles and splash each other." I suggested.

"Oh my god! That would be amazing!" he chuckled.

I found myself wanting to hold his hand so I went for it. I slowly enveloped his hand in mine and smirked.

"What's that for?" he asked as he blushed.

I shrugged but smiled at him, "I just wanted to hold your hand."