Chapter 10

Harry really didn’t know where he would go when he left his master’s room. He never really went anywhere in the house without him but Harry needed time alone. He knew his master was acting weird right from the start but this was something he never expected could happen, especially after what happened on New Years. He walked down the long hallway and down the stairs, not really caring where he ended up.

“Harry?” he heard coming from a door he didn’t even realize was open. He turned around to see Niall standing there with a very confused look on his face. “What are you doing wanderin’ around here? Where’s Louis?”

 Harry’s heart clenched slightly at the sound of his master’s name. “He’s up in his room,” he said with a shrug of his shoulders. “We had a bit of a row and I needed some time alone.”

 Niall obviously had more questions but didn’t push further. Harry wasn’t sure how long that was going to last, however. “Well, why don’t you come in my room and we can chat, yeah? I just finished all of me chores until after dinner and wouldn’t mind a bit of company. It’ll be better than walkin’ around almost naked.”

 The curly-haired boy blushed slightly and let Niall lead him into the room. The room was decently sized, not as big as Louis’ bedroom but bigger than anything Harry ever had growing up. The walls were painted a nice shade of green, with a bed against the far wall, and a guitar leaning against a stand near it. There was also an arm chair and a small TV in one of the corners. Harry knew that this room was a lot nicer than a lot of slaves would get, especially purchased slaves like Niall.

 “Make yourself comfortable,” he said, hopping onto his bed and picking up his guitar. Harry sat down on the armchair and was surprised by how comfortable it was. Even though he had become closer to Niall over the past couple of days while Louis was away at school, he still felt awkward sitting here; mostly because his mind was a million miles away on what happened earlier.

 Niall had begun strumming at his guitar and Harry was surprised he knew the song. His outlet to the outside world was very small when he was at the agency but sometimes they were allowed to listen to some music. The blond started to sing softly and Harry couldn’t help but join him.

There’s nothing where he used to lie

The conversation has run dry

That’s what’s going on

Nothing’s fine, I’m torn

I’m all out of faith

This is how I feel

I’m cold and I am shamed

Lying naked on the floor

Harry hadn’t sung in quite some time. There was never really any time too. He and Liam would occasionally sing along to a song when they got the chance, but that hasn’t happened for a while. He was surprised about how much he missed it. Singing really had a way of calming him down and he could already feel the muscles of his shoulders slump slightly as he sang along Niall.

And now I don’t care

I had no luck

I don’t miss it all that much

There’s just so many things

That I can touch, I’m torn

I’m all out of faith

This is how I feel

I’m cold and I am shamed