Chapter 15

The trial that followed a couple weeks after was just like his attorney said, quick and painless. The court obviously found Zayn guilty and was sent to prison to serve a life term. He held onto Harry’s hand while they sat and listened to the hearing and gave his hand a small squeeze whenever Harry looked uncomfortable. After the hearing, his attorney came up to them and told Louis that they had to go meet with Zayn’s lawyer to discuss the distributing of his assets.

Louis didn’t want anything Zayn could have. He had his Harry and Harry’s peace of mind. That’s all he ever needed. He agreed and led Harry out of the courtroom and into a small conference room. Harry sat at Louis’ feet and rested his head in his master’s lap, enjoying the way Louis’ fingers would brush through his hair.

They wait all of five minutes when the Malik’s family attorney came into the room. “Sorry, had to wrap up a few things,” he said as he took a seat at the opposite side of the table. “So Mr. Malik’s assets——“

Louis interrupted him. “I don’t want any of his things,” he said firmly. “I don’t need anything from him. Any money that the Malik’s are offering I will have donated to charity. Now if that’s all, I think I’d like to take my slave home.”

The attorney looked stunned as he looked at Louis, really unsure of how to respond. The older man fixed his glasses and set the papers he had brought aside. “There is one more thing that might be of interest of you,” he said. “Right before the arrest, Mr. Malik’s purchased a slave for him.”

“I don’t need another slave,” he said. He made sure to keep his hand going through his boy’s curls to reassure him that no one could take his place.

The man cleared his throat before speaking. “If you don’t take him, he will be turned over to the government. If you take a look at him, you may change your mind.”

Before Louis even had a chance to respond, the door opened and a young boy was brought through by a man in a suit. The man didn’t linger around and left right after. Louis examined the boy, naked except for a pair of briefs. He was beautiful, Louis wouldn’t deny that, but he still couldn’t imagine sharing Harry or making the boy feel like he was unloved. Not after everything that has happened.

Suddenly, Louis felt Harry jump up from his spot on the ground which was entirely out of character for him. For whatever reason, a wide smile was on the boy’s face and then he yelled, “Liam!” The other boy, whose head was turned down in a submissive pose finally looked up and saw Harry running towards him and encircling him with his arms.

“Harry?” the boy said, obviously unsure of what to do. He looked up to Louis who was looking on at the scene before him. He knew who Liam was, he heard Harry talking about him many times before. He was his boy’s best friend, the only one Harry had before Louis had purchased him.

“I missed you so much, Li!” he said, burying his face into his friend’s neck. Liam still stood stiffly, unsure how to act in front of a master that wasn’t his own. Not that Liam even had a master, not really. He hadn’t even seen who was supposed to be his master since he was arrested. After a few moments, Liam wrapped his arms tightly around Harry and murmured that he had missed him, too.

Louis sighed at the scene in front of him. Harry looked so genuinely happy to have his friend back. He couldn’t imagine trying to take that away from him. Still, Liam was a bed slave and he couldn’t imagine being with anyone other than Harry. He supposed he would do it if it meant that he could see his Harry happy like this every day. He turned to the attorney and ran his fingers through his hair. “What happens if the government takes him?”

Harry gasped and buried his face into his friend’s neck. How could his master take Liam away? Right after he just found his friend again?

“He gets sent to agency for used slaves,” he said. “While as far as we know, Mr. Malik was never intimate with his slave, but to some, he is still seen as defiled and it’s uncertain to what would happen from there. Some get purchased, since the price is much lower, but not treated as well as someone who has a bed slave for tradition. It’s a flawed system, but it’s what will happen.”