Chapter 14

The next day, Louis really wanted to opt out of school. Since Zayn was arrested at school, word was definitely going to go around about it and people were going to wonder why. No one would probably know it had anything to do with him, at least he hoped not, since the Malik’s would probably want to keep this hush-hush for as long as possible.

He also didn’t want to leave Harry alone. He knew that his boy was strong, but it still left a bad taste in his mouth. Not even just for Harry’s peace of mind, but his own. He never wanted to let his curly-haired boy out of his sight again.

Just like the morning before, Harry had woken him up like routine. Louis tried to tell him that it was fine, he didn’t have to, but after constant persistence on Harry’s part that he was fine, Louis caved. Besides, who was he to turn down a blowjob from his beautiful boy? He was only human.

When he was finished, Louis told Harry he wanted to stay, but the other boy insisted that he go. “This isn’t going to disappear, sir,” he said. “Avoiding it is only going to make things worse and besides, the attorney isn’t going to be here until after you get back. I’ll be fine. I promise.”

Even though Louis still didn’t want to, he knew Harry was right. He kissed the boy softly, making him smile, and they continued with their morning routine like normal.

On the ride to school, his stomach was in knots from the nerves. Even if it didn’t get out today, he knew eventually it would and he really didn’t want to deal with that. He already had to deal with it in general and he didn’t need any extra bullshit on top of it. When the driver pulled into the front of the school, he was instantly grabbed by Eleanor, demanding to know what was going on.

“Calm your tits, woman,” he said, rolling his eyes at her. “Let’s go get some privacy and I’ll tell you.”

Louis led Eleanor to the side of the school where most people went to smoke but luckily, no one was there. He filled her in on all of what was going on, how he found Harry puking his guts out and admitted to what happened with Zayn. He told her that they have a court order against Zayn and that they’re hoping he’ll end up in jail.

By the end, Eleanor’s eyes were wide with shock. “That fucker!” she scoffed. “Who just does that? I want to kill him. Let’s kill him together, Louis, I swear—-“

“Eleanor!” he said, laughing at her outburst. “While I appreciate it, I don’t think killing anyone will fix anything. Neither me or my parents are going to let him get away with this so he’ll get his time. Now, know one knows about this so I really need you to keep this to yourself. I assume it’ll get out eventually, but for now I just want this on a need-to-know basis.”

Eleanor rolled her eyes. “Obviously,” she said. “I’m not daft, Louis. I wouldn’t tell a soul.”

Louis nodded his head just as the warning bell rang out. They walked inside quickly and parted ways in the hallway, Eleanor making sure to press a quick kiss to his cheek before going off to her first class.

When Louis entered his class, he felt like everyone’s eyes were on him. He knew he was probably paranoid,how would they know?, but he still couldn’t shake the feeling. He peaked over his shoulder to see two girls looking right at him and talking quietly to each other. When they spotted him look back, they turned away blushing.

Louis tried to pay attention but it was hard. He still had some sort of itching feeling that people kept staring at him even if there was no way anyone could know. He managed to take down a few notes before the class ended and he rushed out of his seat to the next. As he walked through the hallway, again, he could have sworn everyone was staring at him. He caught a few people, but most turned as soon as they knew they were caught but a few stared on. He tried to ignore it, but it was hard to.