Chapter one - A girl taken by wolves

I don't remember much before I was with my pack. All I remember was a talk about war and death.

Sad human faces were always looking at me, I never knew why. They kept saying, "Sorry for your loss."

What loss? What is it that I lost?

But whenever I tried to remember, pain would strike my chest, and I would cry.

Then little by little, the human faces were disappearing. Until I was all alone. Where did they go? Did they also have someone that they lost? Or maybe it was the war they were talking about, and they were all dead.

After some time, no one came back. No one who was dressed in fine clothing, or rags, or dressed with a headband somewhere on their body. But most of all there was no one I recognized. They were all gone.

I was alone, I was hungry, and I was sad. I couldn't stay here in this lonely place with buildings. That were abandoned by humans. I wanted to leave. But where would I go? I know nothing of this land.

So I decided I will die of hunger since I don't know what is edible in the first place.

I closed my eyes and welcomed the silence.

When I woke up I found wolves at the doorstep of the building I slept in. I don't know why but I wasn't scared. I felt something in me that seemed to connect with them.

Family.

Yes, they are my family, it was what I was told deep within myself.

They looked sad. Why sad? The biggest one had, black fur, was around the size as half the door, and had a scarred muzzle came to me.

'You are the last one here?'

I nodded.

'No one came?'

I shake my head.

'How long have you been here?'

"Long time alone. Maybe days."

The leader looks at me sadly.

'So you are the last one.'

That was when the day before I met my pack ended. They took me in, cared for me, taught me how to hunt and how to fight for myself. It was a few years until I got discovered. And humans tried to take me away from them.

But it took a long time for them. My pack was too smart. It was my mistake that got me captured in the first place. That's when my story begins. The story of the last Wolf Blood.