Chapter five - Goodbye

3rd person pov.

The Hokage narrows his brows a bit as he sees Kakashi's apparent wounds. He then glances at the child and is surprised to see she didn't have any.

"Wow... Kakashi the child did that to you? If I didn't know any better I would've thought you were ambushed by a bunch of rogue ninja to have you in that state." He says worriedly.

Kakashi shakes his head as he sighs.

"No, it was all the injuries she inflicted on me when she started to use a kunai to defend herself. And we angered her to the point where she went crazy and stabbed me multiple times. It was really hard trying to defend myself without hurting her." Kakashi sighs.

The Hokage's eyes widen as he stares at the child. She stopped growling and all she did was stay quiet and look at him suspiciously.

"Alright, I want a full report on the mission by tomorrow. Kakashi go to the hospital and tend to your wounds. Kuranei, Asuma, you guys are dismissed." He says bluntly.

Everyone disperses except for Kuranei as she glances as the child worriedly.

"Kuranei, I know you have a soft spot for children and I know you are worried about her, but it's fine, I won't do anything to her. She must've gone through a lot if she was in the forest, raised by a pack of wolves no less." The Hokage says as he looks at the girl again.

Her electric blue eyes turned back to their natural blue and her dark grey hair stopped bristling. She gives him a curious look as she tilts her head.

"Fine. But I have to inform you that the girl does not understand us. Kakashi told us that she didn't understand him at all when he wanted to talk. And he has a hunch that she either has PTSD or she was really young when she was put into the forest." Kuranei says worriedly.

The hokage looks at her then at the girl, pity in his eyes he sighs.

"Thank you for telling me. Now I have to think of a way to figure out who she is and what to do with her." He sighs as he messages his temples.

Kuranei nods as she glances at the girl again. She walks away. Glancing at the girl with longing before walking out of the office.

The hokage sighs as he looks at the girl in front of him. So far she hasn't tried to get out of the ropes. He was surprised by that. He thought she would try to escape if she was by herself with him.

"I do hope the council won't do anything to you. It was their decision on wanting to bring you here. I'm sorry for taking you away from your only family but I promise that Konoha isn't so bad. You'll think of this place as your second home." He talks.

She stares at him and tilts her head. She looks at him confused.

He sighs.

He should know better than to talk to her when she doesn't understand what he's saying. He gives out another sigh.

"Okay, now what to do with you?" He mumbles as he clasps his hand together and stares at the girl.

She stares at him then almost as if hearing something she quickly looks at the door.

He raises an eyebrow. But after a few seconds, a knock was heard.

"Come in." He says.

Kakashi enters with a stack of papers and gives it to him.

"This is the report." He says with boredom before walking away.

He looks at the girl again. He was impressed by her sharp hearing. But then you had to be in tune with your senses if you wanted to survive in the forest. After all it was where only the fittest survived. And if he had to guess her age, she was around eight.