Chapter 12 - A frustrating encounter

After that small episode with Sasuke and Itachi in the hospital. I was starting to leave with a satisfied Itachi and a slightly saddened Sasuke.

"You're leaving? So soon?" He whines as he slightly pouts.

I slowly blink at this transaction.

When did he start acting like a spoiled pup?

"Well I can't exactly stay here over night. Besides it's already 8:15 and visiting hours close at ten. So I don't exactly have a choice now do I?" I said.

He lowers his head as he grumbles.

A hand softly ruffles his hair.

"Now now Sasuke. Let Saiko go, she has her own life and I bet her mother is worried sick about her. You don't want her mother worried do you?" He says tenderly.

"....No" He replies as his eyes look pitiful.

My eyes soften.

"It's alright Sasuke. When you get out, we can hang out together. You can even come over to my house to play if you want. Mom makes some tasty cookies." I say, trying to cheer him up.

He head perks up.

"Really?" He asks.

I softly smile as I nod.

"Mhm." I hum.

Itachi watches us silently, then his face slightly crinkles as he said.

"You know Sasuke, Saiko can also come visit us in our compound." Itachi says softly.

Sasuke's eyes widen as big as saucers. He quickly turns to face Itachi with a pair of twinkling eyes.

"Really?!" He yells excitedly.

Itachi gives him a small smile.

"Sure. I don't think Oka-san will mind." He reassures him.

Sasuke grins as he softly bounces in the bed, but a sudden thought came to his head as he suddenly frowns.

"But... Ni-san, will Oto-san like Saiko?" He asks timidly.

I blink slowly at his sudden change of mood.

Itachi makes a small frown for a split second, then quickly gives Sasuke a small upturned smile.

"I'm sure he'll like her." He says in a reassuring tone.

Sasuke smiles a little.

"I hope so, Saiko is a good friend!"

A small smile forms on my lips at his compliment. When I looked at the clock, the time 8:23 glares at me with its bright red light.

Oh dear, it's already that late? Kuranei won't be pleased at all. I wince at the possible scolding I'll recieve and decide it's time to leave.

But before I could go, the door opens and a tall man that looks strikingly similar to Sasuke comes stands in front of me.

I slowly blink as his 5'6 stature towers over me. After a few seconds being stunned by this sudden man, I notice that I was in his way, and quickly move to the side of the door. While doing so, I stand with my back straight and apologize for blocking him from entering.

Although I didn't see the need to apologize to this man, etiquette taught by Kuranei tells me to be respectful to my elders. Even if I do nothing wrong, she tells me that being respectful will assure her that I won't get in trouble to any powerful figures. And due to his posture and commanding aura, I could tell he was one of these "powerful" figures.