Chapter 8 - Getting to know everyone

After two weeks in Ninja Academy, half the boys finally gave up on trying to court me and gave me space. The other half still tried to court or plead the girls on leaving me and giving them a chance to 'talk', but it just resulted in them being punched or slapped in the face. I asked Kuranei why they were able to punch and not me. She just said that I wasn't like them and I shouldn't try since I was different and would send them to the hospital.

I learned a few people's names.

The pink haired girl was Sakura Haruno, light blond girl was Ino, then there was Hinata Hyuga, who didn't like Sasuke either and was happy to find another girl not crazy for him. Hinata and I became friends. The blond boy that sat behind me was Naruto Uzumaki. I learned his name after he was in trouble and the teacher dragged him in with a rope.

I made a few male friends as well. The ones who weren't trying to court me of course.

They were Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi, Shino Aburame, and Kiba Inuzuka.

Shikamaru and I were aquainted with our passion on relaxing on the grass and watching clouds. At first he was slightly suspicious of me but after a few days of just me enjoying nature, he let his guard down and we had small talks as we gazed at the sky.

Choji was different. When I gave him some roasted meat from my game four days ago, he never separated from me. He always asked what it was that he ate. I had a sneaky suspicion that he was just hanging out with me to get more of the game I usually get when Kuranei wasn't looking. I, who was a hunter for a whole pack before found this amusing. And just gave him some bits of meat from my game, he reminded me of a pup seeing his first deer. I took him under me, and I guess started doting on him like a mother to a child. He never did noticed though so I guess it's fine.

Although, when Shikamaru found out I befriended Choji, he grew wary of me again. It wasn't until he saw me giving Choji meat from a rabbit, cooked and smelling delicious, that he figured out what I was doing. He didn't stop being wary of me until he asked me what I was doing with Choji. And why I gave him food. In which I replied.

"He reminds me of my family I had. I see him as a little brother and I can't help but want to spoil him. Although, I think I should tone it down,  a lot of people think wrong of others actions, no matter how pure they are." I answered back.

I think I made Shikamaru feel guilty because after that question, he seems to hang out with me in recess, even though it was 'troublesome.'

Shino was... unique. Unlike all the children here, he was actually quiet, calm, and observant. It peeked my interest on him, even more so when he kept muttering to himself. And when I caught him outside holding a dragonfly, I wanted to know more about him. The only things class taught from the clans that lived in this village were the top ten. Information of the Aburame clan was a bit discreet. And I had a feeling it was related to Shino.

So when I caught him, he tensed a bit and turned around. His body language told me he wasn't used to people or socializing in the matter. Even though he had these shades covering his eyes at all times, I can still feel the emotion of loneliness and he was sad.

So when I walked next to him and started questioning about how he even got the dragonfly on his hand. Surprise would be an understatement to what he showed me.

He was a bit wary, more so than Shikamaru, but when he realized how honestly eager I was to know about the little guy, he talked a lot.

He told me about the dragonfly, their lifespan, what they ate, their abilities, etc.

We then kept our friendship with me asking about other bugs I was fascinated with from the forest I used to live in. Apparently a lot of the bugs I saw were rare, and it surprised me. With how much I spot them in one day, I thought they were pretty common.