[3] Sebastian, at Your Service

'Where am I?'  Is the first thought that comes to mind as you forces apart your heavy eyelids. 

You feel weak and exhausted from the previous events the night before. You lay still trying to see if you can hear anything around you.

 Silence. 

You slowly open your eyes. 

'Why is it so dark? What happened after last night? Am I dead? Am I alive?

So many thoughts race through your mind as you finally sit up and wait for your eyes to adjust to the darkness around you. After a moment, you realize that you are in a large, circular room. There is a table in the middle of it, about as large as a bed. The floor was marble and the ceiling was decorated with mini chandeliers that each held about five candles each, some lit, others not. They seemed to be the only source of light in the room. The entire room reminded you of a prison, quite a fashionable one at that. You tried to stand up to get a better look at the room around you when you felt a tug on your ankle, your sprained ankle, making pain shoot up your leg as you fall to the ground. You turn to look at your leg and realize that there was a heavy chain connecting you to the wall.

You sit there for a moment, stunned. 

'Who would do this? Why am I here? Where are my parents-?  Wait, the fire. They're all dead.'  You think as all of the horrible memories from last night flood your mind. 

'Wait, Ciel. Where is Ciel?' You look around you to see if you can find him. 

"Ciel? Where are you? Are you in here?" You whisper, too tired and afraid to raise your voice any higher. Suddenly, the sound of a metal lock clicking and a door opening turned your attention to the far end of the room. The large door opens and a yellow light floods the room like golden water. Even though the light wasn't very bright compared to the sun outside, you still had to squint when the light reached you.

Three men walk through the door and towards the table in the middle of the room. With the new light in the room, you can see that there are large cages, big enough to fit several grown men in, placed in the room in a circle, surrounding the table. You could make out faint outlines of people in the cages. As you looked at all of them, one by one, slowly making your way to your cage, you realize that you too are stuck in a cage. The chain on your leg begins to clink as you prop yourself up on your arms and look back at the table. This sound makes the three men look over at you. 

"Well, well, well, look who's finally awake."  Says one of the men with a deep cockney accent. They all walk towards your cage, smiling sadistically. 

"Please, where am I? What am I doing here?-" Before you could finish asking your questions, one of the men bends down to your level looking in to your teary eyes with his piercing grey ones. 

"Aw, how cute. This one thinks it can talk to us." The man says, and you could smell the alcohol on his breathe almost making you gag.

The man with the cockney accent pulls a small object out of his pocket and unlocks your cage. 

"Maybe we'll just have to show her what happens to those who step out of line." He says, dragging you out of the cage by your arm. 

"Let me go!" You shout, kicking the man holding you. Sadly, your efforts were wasted as he easily picks you up and sets you on the table. Amidst your struggling, it went unnoticed by you that you were being watched by everyone else in the cages, some of them were worried for you, others were thankful that it was you and not them on that table. 

The two men from earlier hold you down on the table as the third who's eyes you've yet to see, opens a bag and pulls out a knife. 

"This is the problem with you nobles, so pathetic. Always relying on some else to do something for you." The other cockney voice rings in your ears as he ties your arms to the table.