[15] The Trusted or Tenderhearted?

I hope you guys enjoy! Thank you all for the kind words and support as I find ways to bring you guys this story of mine. The support really has helped and I truly do appreciate it! 

+*+*+*+*+*+

The air was thick, heavily interlaced with the sounds of steamy moans and a betrayal of sinful intimacy.

The room was unbearably hot, contrasting with the freezing bitter cold just on the other side of the canvas walls.

Your heart caught in your throat and your pulse quickened.

'It couldn't be...'

A familiar set of voices sounded from between the panels of the tent that were gently coaxed open by a sweep of wind, only fueling your suspicions.

Your feet were glued in place. Your entire body seemed to be made of stone. Your widened eyes stared at the sight in front of you, burning into your mind as bitter cold tears welled in your eyes.

Your cheeks and nose glowed pink from the snow that feathered across your features, matching the heat-kissed pink of their skin.

This was painful. And yet, it was real.

Your breath left you in a frozen cloud of mist that seeped passed your chapped lips.

'No...'

You felt your heartbreaking.

You knew you shouldn't have trusted a demon. You were foolish and naive and... in love.

You could hear her call out his name, over and over, like a spell had been cast over her. She fell into his lull far quicker than you did, but looking at her now... like this...

Is this all he saw you as?

Your eyes were glued to his figure. The way he moved above her. How he made her tremble with such skilled ease.

You ran. As fast as you could and as far away as you possible. You didn't know where you were going. You didn't even care. You just needed to get away.

Very far away.

Your feet hit the ground and before you knew it, you reached the edge of the campgrounds.

" 'Going somewhere?' inquires Oscar."

+*+*+*+*+*+

"This big one here is the practice tent." Joker announces proudly as he leads the three of you into the massive tent that towers over the front of the circus.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Ciel let out a huff of air that gently tousled his fringe as he rolled his eyes. Well... eye so to say. Sebastian followed just a few paces behind you. You could practically feel his hellish eyes burn holes into your frame with every move you made. Typically, such a meticulous stare would have made even the bravest of men tremble like a rain-soaked kitten, but you weren't just anyone.

You could tell that the way he was watching you was much like a hunter stalking its prey, but his gaze was in a far less threatening manner. It sent shivers filled with a mixture of excitement and uncertainty down your spine.

You felt your hands begin to grow cold as a burst of frigid winter air bit at your clenched fist. The perspiration upon your palm soaked through the piece of crumpled paper you still had balled in your fist. Your thumb twitched against the paper as you remember what the scribbles written upon it meant.