[5] The Unheeded Truth

The next morning you awoke as normal. 

Sebastian helped you get dressed and then served your breakfast. 

Today's was strawberry pancakes with a croissant and red tea to accompany it. (Totally not foreshadowing)

The rest of the day, you and Ciel spent your time in the study doing paperwork and planning what to do for tonight. After what seemed like endless hours of boring. As. Hell. Paperwork. You were craving something sweet. 

You looked over at Ciel to see that he was already looking at you. You both stared at each other for a minute, active in a wordless conversation, before you both yell. 

"Sebastian!" 

After having a slice of Sebastian's legendary cheesecake, you headed to your room to get changed for tonight. You wanted to blend in so you had to change into clothes of a lesser quality. You opened your door to see that Sebastian had already laid out an outfit for you. You playfully roll your eyes at the fact that he had done so. Not that you couldn't choose your own outfits, but he was always one step ahead of everyone. You slip off you dress and corset and put on simple white dress with a black jacket over it accompanied by brown boots and to top it all off, you tied your hair up with a blue ribbon. You then made your way to the foyer to see Ciel and Sebastian waiting for you. Once you reach them, Ciel hands you a revolver. 

"Hopefully we won't have to use them," He says, taking one for himself. 

"But if you do, don't miss." You smirk at him. 

"When have I ever missed?" The corner of Ciel's mouth turn up into a smirk before retiring to his normal frown. 

Sebastian then leads you both to the carriage before taking his spot at the front.

***Time Skip 'Cause I Can***

The ride to the building where Jack the Ripper was supposed to be was quiet. 

You looked out the window and saw tired men walking home from work, mothers gathering their children inside before it got too dark, and children trying to catch their last firefly before their own parents call them inside. 

The sight of the mothers with their children made you happy, but also sent a pang of lose in your chest. So you did what you always did and smiled through it. The carriage came to a stop on a darker, empty part of town. 

Sebastian opened the door and helped you and Ciel out. When he took your hand, you made eye contact and you noticed how his eyes glowed in the starlight. The though alone made you blush, which made you grateful it was to dark for him to see your blush. Either way, he smirked. 

'Dammit!'  You mentally cursed. 

"Let's wait over here and see if we can catch anything." Ciel says, leaning against a building. 

You nod and leaning next to him. You looked up to see two golden eyes starring at you from the shadows. They slowly got closer, and closer until their owner rubbed themselves against your leg. 

"Aww." You coo as you bend down to pick up the black feline. 

She meowed as you began to pet her and single her in your arms. If you thought Sebastian was crazy about cats, you were ten times worst. You liked dogs, but you adored cats. Sebastian bent down and began to pet her as well. 

'Wait-was he... blushing?' You thought. 

Ciel looked over at the two of you and clicked his tongue.