[9] Having Faith in the Unfaithful

You, Ciel, and Soma wait at the table while Agni disappears to go assist Sebastian and the other servants in making dinner.

'Well, at least he's modest and helpful.' You think, lifting your hand to caress your cheek as you leaned against your desk. 'He's certainly loyal.' 

Loyalty...

Your thoughts wander back to Sebastian and you contemplate his possible motives from earlier. That was nothing like him. Especially what he had said! How could he possibly have fallen in love? And with you no less... perhaps you both were over thinking this. Lust is something that demons experience as commonly as humans breath. For some people, it is difficult to differentiate between the two. You knew the difference but you also knew they were connected. To an extent. 

And what if he was simply playing with you? He could be quite cruel; he was a demon after all. Perhaps he was simply using the power he all ready had over you... and you could only play along. What else was there to do? You had already sold the beast your soul. Why does it matter? 

"A beast? My lady, I could hardly say that I am anything as grotesque. You see, I'm simply one hell of a butler." You could practically hear him in your head, his devilish smirk spreading his pale lips into a grin as his eyes seem to flash a deep crimson, staring deep into your own. 

My, you were in deep.

But, why did he have this effect on you anyway? What made him so special?

Now it was your turn to get defensive.

He was supposed to mean nothing to you and the same went for you to him and yet there was something that seemed to pull you to him... you couldn't possibly be falling for him too, right?

"What is it?" Your eyes flicker to meet a single deep blue orb as your brother looks you over, his eyes burning into you as he tries to uncover whatever it is you won't tell him.

You give him a sweet smile and lace your fingers under your chin. 

"I can't keep anything from you, can I?" In a way, you were more than happy that Ciel constantly tried to keep an eye on you. It meant that he still cared, something that many people didn't think he was capable of doing anymore. Something only you —and Lizzy at times— could unfold in his apathetic appearance. 

He only hmphs  in response. "Whatever it is you're trying to hide from me, you're doing a very bad job at it." He states, shuffling a deck of cards in his hands before setting them out on the table in front of him. "At least don't make it obvious." He mutters. 

You smirk and raise an eyebrow, turning to face him. 

"Since you're so good at deciphering me than why don't you tell me what it is that is causing me to act so off  as you'd put it." Your smirk turns to a smug smile as his face drops (even more). 

"Well?" You tease as he continues to stay silent. He only lets out a sigh. 

"I was merely trying to help." He mutters under his breath, the shy side of him showing and he tries to hide it by looking to the side. You giggle lightly and places a hand on his cheek. He looks up at you, surprised by the contact before turning back to the cards in his hands. You then proceed to lightly pinch his cheek, cooing ever so quietly as to not 'embarrass your brother in front of the other two in the room'. 

You stick out your tongue just as his eyes widen in realization.

"You're cute, you know that?" You continue to coo, simply messing with him now.

"S-shut up!" He yells, slapping your hand away. His face was now on the brink between ghostly pale and bright pink. You only laugh harder at his reaction.