[12] Noah's Circus

"Young master, it's time to wake up." Sebastian's ardent voice seemed to gently caress each wall of the young lord's bedchamber as he stirred in his sleep.

Sebastian pushed the silver cart of tea until he reached the foot of his master's bed before gliding over to the curtains. He subtly looked over his shoulder and smirked at the young boy's sleeping form.

'He's always as stubborn as a mule until the curtains are opened.'

Sebastian's gloved hands took hold of the curtains before he swings open his arms in a grand gesture, the curtains mimicking his movement. As soon as the curtains parted, the room was bathed in a glorious warm glow of the rising sun just peeking over the horizon. Sebastian's smirk returned as he hears his master groan from behind him, followed by the rustling of sheets. Meanwhile Sebastian, having memorized the pattern of his master's morning routine, already had a steaming cup of fresh tea in his hand, awaiting the young lord.

Ciel sat up and, with a great yawn, stretched his arms above his head. He rolled his head side to side before immediately wiping the sleep from his eyes. He opened them groggily to see his trusty butler standing above him with a close eyed smile, steaming arising from the ceramic cup in his hand and a newspaper carefully draped over his forearm.

"Good morning!" Sebastian greets. "Today's tea is a Harrods' White Darjeeling." He announces while handing Ciel the steaming cup.

Ciel brings the cup to his nose, checking the quality of the tea —like always— before silently bringing it to his lips.

"Today's news." Sebastian states, offering his lord the paper.

Ciel takes it, the remains of sleep now barely noticeable on his figure aside from the oversized shirt he slept in.

"Looks like the manor is settling down." Ciel notes, his voice already having been soothed by the hot tea to be scraggy and deep like most morning voices.

"So it would seem." Sebastian replies calmly, already working on preparing another cup of tea.

It was quiet for a few minutes. Peacefully so. It felt as if the room was cast under a soothing tranquility and neither wished to break it although it only remained for a few more seconds.

"Have you already awoken (y/n)?" Ciel asks his butler, placing the newspaper down on the side of his duvet cover.

Sebastian takes the paper and folds it back up, following the pre-made creases already there as he answers.

"No. Not yet. I was just about to." The butler smiles, as he stands over Ciel who now awaited Sebastian's hand in dressing. Sebastian waits for Ciel to continue but the young boy only stayed quiet. That was until Sebastian reached for the lord's tie.

"I suggest you check on her. There was a storm last night, as I'm sure you're aware, and I believe she had trouble sleeping." Ciel states matter-of-factly.

Sebastian places a hand over his heart and bows his head. "As you wish, my lord."

Once he was dressed, Ciel only waved his hand as he headed out his own bedroom and down the hall for breakfast, leaving a slightly confused Sebastian behind.

'How odd. First he orders me to stay out of her room entirely and now he wished for me to wake her? Humans...' Sebastian furrows his brows as he watches his master's form retreat down the corridor. 'What could he be up to?' The demon pondered as he made his way to your room.

*+*+*+*+

"Young miss, it's time t-" Sebastian stopped as he spotted you under your covers. Your hair was sprawled around your head and your eyes were closed peacefully. Your lips were barely touching as your chest softly rose and fell to the rhythm of your breathing.