[11] To Ease the Mind

After you make your way over to the two, you see that the prince is in tears. Apparently he had met Nina and by the sound of it, it didn't go nearly as well as he had hoped. She had called him a brat and told him the truth about everything. About why she really left and that it was a choice.

"Please, good people." Agni cries, falling to his knees and clasping his hands together dramatically. "I'm so very sorry. I can only beg for your forgiveness for such a burden I have placed upon your shoulders. I pray that you can-"

"Agni." Soma's voice cuts in, sounding small but steady.

"It's all right. Just promise me that you will stay by my side and not keep anymore secrets from me." They prince looks down into the eyes of his faithful servant as Agni dries his tears.

"Of course, thank you my prince. So, so much." He stands and they embrace each other, earning a symphony of cheers and applause from a crowd of people that had suddenly appeared.

...sigh...

Ciel lets out an irritated grumble at the interruption. He just needed to get home.

"Aw, is someone tired?" You tease, walking to his side.

"Be quiet." He groans before turning away form you, walking to Lau's side.

"My lady?" Sebastian's voice comes from behind you.

You hum in acknowledgment, turning to face him.

"We should head back to the manor." He replies, glancing over at the two Indians still hugging and now dramatically crying.

"Of course." You sigh, turning to join Ciel.

Sebastian opens his mouth to say something but quickly closes it again. Perhaps he should wait until later to suggest that.

******

It was late at night. Soma and Agni were left to take care of your house in the city, while you and Ciel returned back home.

You were now laying in bed, asleep. You could say you were dreaming about your past again. Another nightmare, once again. You tossed and turned as you dreamt of your past. This was a dream you hadn't had in years.

When you were much younger, even before Ciel was born, you had a friend. She was your age and she was the only daughter of the wealthy owners of a famous trading company. Her parents happened to be very good friends with your parents.

Her name was Kaitlyn. She had long blonde hair and brown eyes. She was always happy and the two of you would spend all of your time together.

That was until her untimely death.

You remember seeing her body that day. Her family was murdered, similar to how yours would be in only years to come.

No one knows who it was that committed the crime, all you remember is running through her house in tears, looking for your friend. Your parents called you back but you ignored their voices. You turned the corner to see a sight to horrible to describe. Who would do such a thing to such a little girl?

Your father appeared behind you just as you were sick. Your mother was in tears at the sight in front of you and your father was silent. He only hugged you tighter, holding you head close to his hand over your eyes. But it was too late. The image was all ready seared into your memory.

Her lifeless eyes, or what was left of them, still haunt your dreams. You turn around to look at her one last time only to be faced with darkness. You were now in a familiar dark room, chains and stains of dried blood littering the cold stone floor and hanging from the walls as decorations accent a wall. This was where you were tortured for three months.