[19] Mistress of the Needle

Okay, yes, I wrote this in one day and yes I'm posting this right after the previous chapter. I hope you enjoy. I totally didn't just write this in the span of 5 hours... so here ya go! Another moderately sized chapter at 4726 words!

A bit of a heads-up as well, there will be more... 'spicy' scenes with Sebastian coming up soon. I know you guys said you wanted them and I plan on doing them!

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

You stare in shock at the pile of rubble that laid before you. It was rather disheartening, considering that a third of your mansion had been reduced entire to a pile of rocks during previous... events. 

"I'm sorrrrrryyyyyyy," a choir of pitiful whines breaks through the early morning air as Sebastian scolds Mey-Rin, Finny, and Bard. At least they left some of the house intact...

Ciel groans from beside you and a look of distaste crosses his features. It did no good, of course. Sebastian would be able to clean this up straight away but it certainly isn't a lovely situation to come home to. 

"You three," Sebastian begins, standing tall before the other three, "will be cleaning this up. Starting now."

His eyes narrow and you can practically see Finny and Mey-Rin tremble from where they stand. 

"Y-yes, Mr. Sebastian!" they both agree before spinning around and running off to get started.

Bard, however, stays in place and takes a drag from the half-used cigarette that hangs from between his lips. "Looks like I'm not gonna be able to make dinner t'night, hm?" he mutters tiredly. His enthusiasm must have been drained after last night's events. 

"As if you ever do," Sebastian murmurs under his breath, now only loud enough for you and Ciel to hear.

"This is a bloody mess," Ciel sighs.

Just then, a series of 'ho-ho-ho's' sounds from beside you and you look over to see Tanaka enjoying yet another cup of green tea. 

'Must be nice,'  you think to yourself. You wouldn't mind a nice cup of warm tea yourself. 

You hadn't realized it until now but you were very tired. The previous surge of adrenaline that you had experienced seemed to have dissipated once you stepped out of the carriage. The soles of you feet ached and your eyes stung with lack of sleep. It didn't matter though. What mattered now was ensuring that the manor was properly restored. 

You watch as your servants - all except Tanaka, of course - tread upon the rubble, picking up debris and moving it elsewhere. This would be done much quicker if Sebastian could only work by himself... but that was too risky now. It was almost difficult to believe, but you and Ciel were still the only people who knew of Sebastian's nature

With that in mind, your eyes found his tall figure standing about the mess. His dark uniform contrasted so greatly with the surrounding environment finding him was not at all a challenge. 

He stood in place, a gloved hand caressing his chin as he observed the other servants, no doubt ensuring that they don't mess anything up further. He took a few long, slow stride toward a particular set of rocks before calling for Finny and taking one of the bins the young blond was carrying around. 

Sebastian bent down and picked up a thick, light pink scarf, faintly painted with only a few splatters of a deep crimson essence. 

You felt your throat tighten.

Even though you weren't actually there, it felt as if their blood was on your hands. You were the reason they were dead, no matter who they were or what they did, your orders were the reason their hearts were no longer beating.