Chapter 2

Taehyung is not completely sure how his gym rivalry with Jeongguk, like how Jimin likes to call it, became so intense when it only started with something small and harmless, if you ask Taehyung.

He remembers seeing Jeongguk for the first time at the same gym. Jeongguk at the time was standing in front of the mirrors by the weights, checking himself out and taking mirror selfies as he shows off his biceps. Taehyung entered then and scoffs at him.

"Steroids," Taehyung mutters to himself, jokingly. He didn't realize that Jeongguk would hear him and next thing he knows Jeongguk is standing in front of him, looking at him in disbelief and looking very offended.

"Excuse me?"

And so that's how their rivalry started, when Jeongguk challenged him that very same day because he wanted to prove that Taehyung is wrong and that he worked hard for his babies even after Taehyung tells him to chill out, I was only kidding. Ever since then, challenging each other and having petty arguments became normal and regular for them to do everytime they see each other in the gym.

Now, thinking about his awful day yesterday at the gym, he groans into his pillow. It's early Saturday morning and he's not sure why he's awake so early (it's nine in the morning) and now he's left to think about yesterday.

It doesn't last long though as the door of his room opens, revealing Jimin who is dressed up like he has somewhere to go to. As far as Taehyung knows, Jimin does not have any plans that includes him going out.

Jimin looks like he's about to shout for his life when his eyes meet Taehyung's and he raises his eyebrows at him as he quickly closes his mouth.

"Oh, you're awake," Jimin says. "I was about to sing--."

"Well, thank god I didn't have to wake up to that then. You purposely sing so out of tune to the point I think my ears would fall off," Taehyung says, sitting up on his bed and nodding his head towards Jimin's outfit.

"Where are you going?"

Jimin leans on the door frame and crosses his arms against his chest.

"I suddenly have a craving for some chocolate chip muffins. I was about to head out but I thought you'd wanna come," Jimin explains and Taehyung nods.

"I would but my wallet says no," Taehyung says, groaning. His last big project took a lot of his budget (He's an art student and it comes with spending money for a lot of expensive art materials).

"Hm, i'm feeling nice. Come on, i'll treat you," Jimin says grinning.

"Yeah, no. I don't believe you," Taehyung says, scrunching his nose. He's more than happy about Jimin's offer but it's a bit too random that he can't help but feel suspicious. "What do you want?"

Jimin raises his hands like he's surrendering. "I swear I just wanted to treat you, alright?" Taehyung remains unconvinced. Jimin sighs.

"Okay, yesterday was really fun and made me laugh. Also, I feel bad for you for losing and eating shit in front of Jeongguk and for laughing about it," Jimin admits and Taehyung groans at the reminder of yesterday's events again but he does smile.

"Wow, how nice of you. But i'm only going if you promise to get me a slice of cake or two," Taehyung says and Jimin grins at him.

"Deal."

The walk to the nearest cafe is short as it is only a couple blocks away from their dorm and the University. It was mostly quiet between them save for a few bickering here and there.

When they finally reached the cafe, they find that the line is longer than their usual visits consisting of people in their professional looks. It makes sense because it's early in the morning and they are probably getting their morning coffees and treats to bring into their workplace.