Chapter 3

Taehyung doesn't see Jeongguk for a few weeks after the whole cafe fiasco. Taehyung still smiles at the memory of it.

He actually almost forgot about Jeongguk altogether which should be for the best because he doesn't know why on earth he even bothers worrying about the other. Judging by his looks, Jeongguk should be around his age and probably goes to school like he does. He must be occupied with his own school works or even by his work at the cafe

All of that aside, Taehyung actually has fallen back into his gym routines easily although he has to admit it has been pretty dull and boring without Jeongguk to challenge or bicker with. He does appreciate the peace that the other's absence offers.

So the next several days has been uneventful.

They do see each other again, or more like Taehyung does see Jeongguk again at the most unexpected place, probably even stranger than seeing him working at the cafe.

"I swear to god, Jimin, I saw Jeongguk at the courtyard earlier. I'd know that annoying big head of his anywhere," Taehyung says, desperately as he clings onto Jimin's arms making the other to believe him. Although he is not entirely convinced himself since he only saw the backside of who he thinks is Jeongguk. The casual outfit kind of throws him off a bit as he is used to seeing him wearing his gym outfit.

"Tae, I really don't think that was Jeongguk," Jimin says, frowning as he shakes off Taehyung from him. "You just miss him too much that you're hallucinating."

Taehyung jumps away from Jimin like he has been burned and looks at him with an offended look. He dramatically puts his hand on his chest and made a pained look on his face.

"Do you think that low of me?"

A couple of days passed and Taehyung and Jimin forgets about their argument about Jeongguk and got on with their Jeongguk-less lives. Though, it doesn't last long when Taehyung finds himself at the gym in their University, which is a different one from the gym that he frequents to.

The only reason why he came to use the University's gym is because it's a weekday and he only goes to the other gym on Fridays and during the weekends. The track and field tryouts are starting tomorrow and he wants to prepare for it. He was going to come with Jimin but he is busy with his dance practice.

The school gym is a bit smaller but it looks more spacious as it does not consist as much gym machines. Taehyung does not complain though as the gym provides the enough machines and materials that he needs for his preparation for the tryouts.

As always, he begins by doing some simple stretching and dynamic warmups. He remembers when he just began going to the gym and Jimin had adviced him to warmup first everytime but freshman Taehyung, so naive and so so stupid, did not listen and had jumped onto his workout routine all the time. He does get his lesson learned when he heard a loud, scary crack from his arms when he started lifting weights right away and his arms had hurt so bad he really believed he broke them despite the school nurse's reassurance that his bones are very well intact and that he had only shocked and strained his muscles.

After doing his warmup routine, he goes straight towards the line of treadmills. Only about three people are there using them and Taehyung is glad for the lack of people visiting the gym today. He always prefers it quiet and near-empty rather than a loud and packed gym.

He walks over as he plugs his earphones in his phone and putting on the buds in his ears. He quickly scans over his song and finally picked Instagram by DEAN.

He hums along with the first few beats as the song starts to play and that's when he sees him.

Jeongguk is at one of the treadmills, wearing his obnoxious neon orange muscle tee that he almost always wears at the gym everytime he sees him.