Chapter 17

Taehyung spent the next couple of days working on the poster for Jeongguk.

It wasn't a very taxing job, in fact, he'd say he actually enjoyed it so he doesn't mind spending some of his free time working on it. He especially cannot complain because of the fact that Jeongguk insisted that Taehyung should work on it at his penthouse so every time Taehyung needs something, Jeongguk would be quick to assist him. Plus, Jeongguk didn't want Jimin to find out that he asked Taehyung for help.

Jeongguk was also true to his word and was obedient whenever Taehyung requested for some hotteok. Taehyung would've felt guilty from the amount of times he asked Jeongguk to buy hotteok for him but he reassured himself that the guy is filthy rich so buying hotteok is probably something that Jeongguk doesn't even bat an eyelash to.

Unfortunately, Taehyung's little trips to Jeongguk's penthouse and his free hotteok finally came to an end.

The poster was something quick for him to finish and even though he wanted to draw it out so he can still have a reason to hang out with Jeongguk more often, he can't be selfish since the poster is something urgent and needed by the dance club as soon as possible.

Taehyung did help when the members of the dance team plastered multiple copies of the poster around the campus to advertise the dance showcase coming up.

During that time, Taehyung tried to stick with Jeongguk without being too obvious that he's following him around. Thankfully, Jeongguk never questioned him but Taehyung saw Jimin and Hoseok exaggeratedly winking at him whenever Taehyung and Jeongguk walk past them.

"You coming to the showcase?" Jeongguk asked after he and Taehyung finished plastering their posters.

"Are you kidding? Jimin will have my ass if I miss it," Taehyung replies.

They are now both walking towards the school cafeteria to grab something to eat after spending an hour of walking around to put up the posters. Jeongguk originally wanted to treat Taehyung and as tempting as a free food is, Taehyung declined the offer. He ended up feeling bad for making Jeongguk buy him so many hotteok for the past week.

The two of them quickly bought some cold drinks along with a few gimbap to fill their stomach. They found an empty table where they began to eat quietly.

A comfortable silence settled between them for a few moments until Jeongguk breaks it as he clears his throat to get Taehyung's attention.

"I like someone."

Taehyung abruptly stops eating, his gimbap hovering over his lips.

Jeongguk's sudden confession was like a bucket of ice being poured over his head, the cold clinging to his skin and making it feel numb.

Taehyung doesn't know why he suddenly feels a lump in his throat, trying to hold back the tears threatening to escape past his eyes.

"Really?" Taehyung finally manages to say, glad that his voice did not quiver.

Jeongguk doesn't notice the change in Taehyung's mood, the way his smile falters a little and the way his eyes are just a little bit glossier than it was a few moments ago.

Jeongguk smiles to himself and the sight should've made Taehyung's heart leap in fondness but he only feels it clench. The sudden thought of Jeongguk smiling so fondly like that because of someone else, someone he likes, hurts Taehyung more than he wants to admit.

Just like that, Taehyung realizes just how much Jeongguk really means to him that the thought of seeing him with someone else is something he can't think about without feeling pain deep in his chest.