Chapter 19

When Taehyung had finally managed to calm down and stopped crying, Jeongguk gently led him back to his car so they both could finally go home where they could talk peacefully and not in public about where their relationship stands now.

Taehyung was way too giddy as Jeongguk drove them both to his penthouse. He never thought that the day that he dreaded the most just became the happiest day of his life. He still scolds Jeongguk for deceiving him.

Taehyung can't sit still as he is way too fucking happy, making Jeongguk glance at him with an amused look.

"Hey, I know you're really happy but please sit still. You're distracting the driver," Jeongguk says, faking a tone of exasperation before breaking into a small smile. Taehyung ignores his words.

"Nope, that's your problem, not mine," Taehyung says playfully, giggling when Jeongguk just groans at him.

"Stop or I'm gonna take back everything I said to you earlier," Jeongguk warns, although there isn't much bite behind it.

Taehyung grins cheekily.

"Hah, make me," Taehyung challenges. He really should stop distracting Jeongguk but he's so happy and it's so fun to play and banter like this with Jeongguk.

Suddenly, he feels a hand grabbing and gripping at Taehyung's hand tightly, making him yelp in surprise. Jeongguk quickly looked over at him with a grin before he pulled Taehyung's hand towards him and on top of the center console.

Jeongguk shifts their hands so that their fingers are intertwined.

Taehyung stares at their clasped hands, blushing furiously at how perfect and how right it feels.

That's definitely one way to make Taehyung stop.

"Don't challenge me. You know I'll win," Jeongguk says and Taehyung is still blushing so hard that he doesn't have the heart to refute Jeongguk's words.

The rest of the drive was peaceful after that, the two of them enjoying the feel of each other's hands against their own.

Jeongguk's hand is warm, Taehyung happily discovered.

When they finally reach the familiar building, Taehyung reluctantly lets go of Jeongguk's hand as the two of them exit the car. However, Jeongguk was quick to settle beside him and take his hand once again on his.

They both entered the building like that, holding hands with huge grins on their faces. Even all the way to the elevator and until they finally reached Jeongguk's floor.

Just like how Jeongguk's car is familiar to Taehyung, the penthouse also feels like a second home to him now. Jeongguk always invited him and Taehyung never refused him because not only can he spend some time alone with Jeongguk, but he can also take advantage of the entire place filled with items that he and Jimin never had the luxury of owning.

Of course, the pool was a huge bonus.

"You want anything to eat? Drink?" Jeongguk asks as they both enter further inside the house. As usual, the place is immaculate.

"Nope, still full," Taehyung replies before tugging Jeongguk with him towards the couch. They both plopped onto the cushion with a laugh.

Taehyung nuzzles closer to Jeongguk's side but finds that it still doesn't feel close enough.

Taehyung lets out a disappointed sigh, making Jeongguk look at him with concern.

"You alright?" Jeongguk asks, moving his free hand that isn't holding Taehyung's hand to run his fingers through the latter's hair.