Chapter 8

Taehyung and Jeongguk meets that night at the usual gym. They started off by doing some stretching before proceeding into doing some of the basics, like push-ups and sit-ups. With all their pent-up stress and competitiveness, especially after not being able to see each other in the gym in a while to do their usual gym rivalry shenanigans. They glare at each other as they count up how many reps they could do in a certain amount of time.

As they were about to move on to use the other gym equipments, Namjoon suddenly interrupts them, informing them that the gym is about to close.

"Sorry to interrupt but you need to get your asses out of here. S'getting late and I have to close up," Namjoon informs them before disappearing once again towards his desk and starts gathering his stuff. Taehyung and Jeongguk looks at each other, sharing a look about how bad of a timing Namjoon is as they were just about to start doing some chin ups and they are also at a tie.

"Don't think it's over, Kim. I'll crush you," Jeongguk says as he picks up his water bottle and began gulping down its content. Taehyung rolls his eyes, mirroring Jeongguk's action as he also picks up his own bottle.

"Sure would be funny to see you try, Jeon," Taehyung says, flashing a smirk that he knows irritates Jeongguk to no end. This made Jeongguk clench his jaw.

"Guys, quit flirting and get out here or do I have to drag you guys out?" Namjoon says, appearing once again with his backpack slung on his one shoulder while holding his phone on one hand and a lanyard of keys on the other. Taehyung and Jeongguk gives him a nod before going to their lockers to get their stuff while Namjoon checks over the whole gym before he leaves.

Taehyung and Jeongguk gets their stuff in shared silence. Taehyung suddenly thinks about how much he'll dread the walk back to his apartment, all sweaty in his gym attire. But perhaps the cool night breeze would be good.

After finishing up, the three of them goes out at the same time. When Namjoon finished locking up, he turns towards Taehyung and Jeongguk and gives them a nod a wave.

"Alright, i'm off. You two be careful on your way home," Namjoon says before turning around to leave.

"You too!" Taehyung and Jeongguk choruses and Namjoon gives another wave at them with his back turned.

When Namjoon turns the corner and is finally out of their sight, Taehyung grabs his phone from his pocket, checking the time, it's past eleven at night, and saw that Jimin has sent him a text over an hour ago. Taehyung clicks to open the message when he suddenly sees a shadow moving beside him. He looks and sees that Jeongguk is still standing there, looking up at the night sky with his hands in his pockets. Taehyung raised his brows at him even though the other can't see him.

"Why are you still here?" Taehyung asks, his thumbs hovering over his keypad as he's about to send a reply to Jimin's text. Jimin asked if Taehyung could drop by the convenience store to get some ramyun because he's craving and they don't have any more stock left. Taehyung plans to tell him that he's not going to pick up anything as a punishment because Jimin did not go to the grocery store to buy their food when it's his turn already. Karma comes biting back. (But Taehyung is not that mean. He'll send that text but would still get him ramyun).

"Why are you still here?" Jeongguk says instead of answering, turning his gaze at Taehyung with raised brows and a bored look.

"Shut up," Taehyung retorts weakly, finally sending his reply to Jimin. There's silence again, Taehyung was thankful for it, until Jeongguk suddenly speaks up and breaks the silence which was admittedly becoming more awkward.

"Say, why do they always tell us to stop flirting?" Jeongguk blurts out. Taehyung glares at him.

"Shut up."