Chapter 6

Grand Cafe

Taehyung stares at the logo of the cup and no matter how much he wants to deny the fact that it was Jeongguk who gave him this coffee, the logo only further proves it. He vaguely (clearly) remembers Jeongguk in his silly uniform, working as a cashier at the Grand Cafe.

After a lot of teasing from Namjoon and grimacing from Taehyung, he finally was able to slip out of the gym, the coffee still tightly clutched on his right hand. Taehyung sighs as he walks down the familiar path towards his apartment building.

If he really thinks about it, it isn't really a big deal. Someone giving him a coffee because he was seen exhausted. It's a kind gesture even. But if he really thinks deeper, it is a big deal because Jeon Jeongguk, his supposed rival, is supposedly despising Taehyung not giving him a damn coffee.

Taehyung shakes his head to clear his mind. He has enough school works to worry about and thinking about Jeongguk and coffee doesn't help at all.

He's still reluctant but he takes a sip from the cup.

The coffee is warm, in that way that doesn't satisfy him because it's not hot enough as it travel down his throat but he does feel a bit better. He usually doesn't drink coffee because he isn't very tolerant of its bitterness but he can taste the sweetness somewhere and maybe the thought of it being free makes it taste a little better.

When Taehyung finally reaches his apartment, opening the door with a thud when he accidentally pushed it harder than necessary, grimacing when the knob hits the wall. As he is removing his shoes, he sees Jimin sitting on their couch, looking at him with raised brows.

"You took longer than I thought," Jimin says as he watch Taehyung walk towards him and joining him on the couch.

"Yeah, it was good and I stayed for a while to chat with Namjoon hyung," Taehyung says, tossing his drawstring bag aside and drinking the rest of the coffee in the cup. Jimin stares at him.

"You traitor," Jimin growls, grabbing Taehyung's shoulders and shaking him. Taehyung almost drops the empty cup on his hand as he glares at Jimin.

"You went to Grand Cafe without me?"

Taehyung shakes off Jimin's hands and furrows his brows at him.

"And what about it? Why do I have to go there with you?" Taehyung says and Jimin pouts.

"I miss manager Min," Jimin admits and Taehyung almost asks him who the hell is manager Min? but then remembers the short, but handsome young manager at the cafe.

"You can go there by yourself," Taehyung says with a roll of his eyes. Jimin shakes his head.

"I need you there in case I make a fool of myself," Jimin says and gives Taehyung a look that it should already be obvious. Taehyung agrees though, Jimin sometimes does questionable things to grab attention and he isn't particularly magnificent in the flirting department.

"Listen, I didn't go to the cafe, okay?" Taehyung says, relaxing on the couch after setting the empty cup of coffee on the small table in front of them. Jimin tilts his head on the side.

"Wait, then where did you get the coffee?" Jimin asks, turning his body so he's fully facing Taehyung who is sitting beside him.

Taehyung ponders if he should tell Jimin the truth, that Jeongguk gave him the coffee, but that guarantees a long time of teasing especially that he's already fixated at the thought of Taehyung and Jeongguk being soulmates. However, he isn't very fond of lying either and he's quite bad at it that Jimin would be able to call bullshit right away which would lead to Taehyung telling him the truth anyways. Taehyung sighs and decides that he'll save both himself and Jimin the trouble and tell him the truth.