13. The Fake Number

"Where are you going?" Suga yawned as he asked Mrs. Min who dressed up prettily.

"I'm having a high school reunion today." She smiled. Suga nodded and went into the kitchen. In the kitchen, Mr. Min just finished his breakfast. He greets a good morning to Suga and Suga just hummed. His dad also wears a smart casual. Understood Suga's gaze, his dad says,

"Your mom and I are attending our high school reunion." Suga made O mouth. He never knew that his dad and his step mom were actually from the same high school.

"We're classmate back then. I know him, but he don't know me." Mrs. Min came. Suga just nod. He's not too interested to know their past story. He pretends to busy reading the newspaper.

"We'll be home late at night since it is held at Incheon. Are you okay about it?" She approached Suga.

"I'll be fine. I'll just eat outside with Jin." Suga said with mouth full of kimbap.

"He's big enough to handle himself. He'll know what he's doing. Right Yoo?" His dad looked at him. Suga hummed lazily. His dad smiled. At least Suga responded to him.

"We're going now." Mrs. Min stroked his shoulder. Suga waved with elbow on the table while his eyes fixed on the newspaper.

Suga folded back the newspaper as soon as he heard a car drove away. He made a relieve face because he managed to avoid eye contact with his dad.

While munching on the kimbap, the last night event rewinds in his mind. Suga remembered he saw Mrs. Min was holding something that made his dad burst out in anger. He was wondering what that could be but he shook his head. That's not his business.

"He needs to know this. That it was not your fault to divorce her."

His step mom's words rang. Suga heaved a sigh. He cannot believe that he will get bothered by it. After eating the last kimbap and sipping the last drop of hot tea, Suga went upstairs.

He doesn't go straight to his room yet to his parents' room. He stands in front of the wardrobe and opened it. He remembers that he saw an old box beneath the clothes when he packed his step mom's clothes weeks ago. He takes it out.

"An album." He mumbles when he opened the box. Suga picked up the album and opened it page by page.

The album contains his childhood pictures and not to mention, his mom's pictures also in it. It was from his born day until he was three. The last picture taken was the picture on his third birthday at the playground.

His dad was serving the army, so that only he and his mom were in the picture. Suga strokes the picture. He then decides to take it out for his own. He strokes his mom's face in the picture. She looks pale yet her smile was still beautiful.

"Dad just let go a beautiful angel. He wasted your love." Suga mumbled. He closed back the album and then something drops on his lap. It's a folded memo. Suga put back the album in the box and pick the memo.

He unfolds it and revealed the numbers written on it. Suga frown. What is this? He thought to himself. Suddenly he remembered something.

"It can't be..." Suga ran to the phone on the coffee table beside the room's balcony. He tried dialing the number. Due to nervousness, he kept on pressing the wrong number.

Trutt trutt...trutt trutt...

Finally it's on the line. Suga bit his lips as he was waiting. He sighs when no one is answering and was about to hang up when finally someone pick up the call.

"Hello?" A deep voice answered. Suga sigh quietly. This might be his dad's friend phone number.

"Hello?" The voice snapped at him. Suga wants to apologize but,