Chapter 6:Jealous

Chapter Six (Part 1)

Chen Quan Ran and Xiao Ha merrily rode their horses back to the Chen Manor.

At the Chen Manor they received surprising news, an unexpected visitor had arrived at the Chen Manor. The visitor was a woman about between twenty-one and twenty-two years, she wore a blue uniform and had a haughty aura. Her black hair flowed freely behind her neck without ornaments, not even a hairpin.

Although she looked beautiful, between her eyelashes was the look of arrogance that most ordinary unwed women didn't possess. When she turned her head around, she smiled joyfully.

'Luo Yu?' Chen Quan Ran asked.

'General Chen!' Chen Luo Yu greeted.

Chen Quan Ran and Chen Luo Yu smiled at each other. Although he was a married man and she was an unwed woman, they embraced each other and patted each other's backs like sworn brothers.

'General Chen, I missed you to death,' Chen Luo Yu said.

The woman was indeed Chen Luo Yu, a skilful soldier under General Chen's army. After they greeted each other, Chen Quan Ran asked Chen Luo Yu about the recent events at the army camp.

'White Tiger and Little Pig really missed big brother. Every day the chefs and peach wine makers prepare delicious braised wine meat waiting for General Chen to return,' Chen Luo Yu said. 'Also, last year while passing through Western Shanxi the two young boys who joined the army are very tall now. They are waiting for big brother to return to teach them sword fighting skills. Big brother, do you remember the group of children you rescued? They are reunited with their parents, and returned home...'

Chen Quan Ran felt a little restless listening to Chen Luo Yu talk fondly of army life, he realised he had stayed in the imperial city for a long time. On the battlefield he could display his true abilities and reminiscing good memories made him want to return to the army camp.

Even Xiao Ha felt nostalgic and remembered how happy their lives were with the people at army camp.

Mo Lan walked into the courtyard with a tray of tea while the three sworn brothers were reminiscing about army life. When a servant informed Mo Lan that a woman named Chen Luo Yu arrived at the Chen Manor, Mo Lan's heart felt a little troubled.

But Mo Lan was the young mistress of the Chen Manor, she had to be hospitable toward all guests. A hundred rumors didn't compare to facing Chen Luo Lu in person. Chen Luo Lu, had a carefree aura and was friendly. Mo Lan heard long ago that Chen Luo Lu was the type of woman Chen Quan Ran liked. Mo Lan didn't doubt there would be feelings between Chen Quan Ran and Chen Luo Yu, after all the two of them have spent years together.

'Lady Chen, I have heard a lot about you from Quan Ran,' Mo Lan said. 'I have heard you are a beautiful and skilful soldier. Indeed your sacrifices and contribution to the Northern Empire is immense.'

Mo Lan's gentle praise and cups of tea were presented to the three sworn brothers. But Chen Luo Yu's smile disappeared the moment Mo Lan entered the courtyard.

Xiao Ha noticed the tension between the general's wife and Chen Luo Yu, he couldn't help but cough softly. Xiao Ha remembered clearly the incident when the general's wife overheard the general's men compare her to Chen Luo Yu. It caused the general to endure a silent cold war with the general's wife.

Xiao Ha didn't know how to process the situation in front of him. A moment ago the atmosphere was joyous then the two love rivals met. But... he didn't know who should be happy and who the real love rival was.

Chen Quan Ran heard Xiao Ha's cough and immediately understood.

If Xiao Ha didn't remind Chen Quan Ran, he would have forgotten not long ago his wife was jealous of Chen Luo Yu. Chen Quan Ran laughed softly at the thought of his wife being jealous. He pulled his wife next to him and introduced her to Chen Luo Yu.