Chapter 7:I'm a married man who loves his wife.

Chen Quan Ran

Chen Quan Ran

Mo Lan 

Chapter Seven (Part 1)

In the afternoon Chen Quan Ran visited his grandma in her chamber.

Chen Quan Ran's grandma requested him to sit next to her at a table and she put a hot bowl of herbal soup in front of him.

'This bowl of herbal soup is very nourishing,' Madam said. 'Drink it all quickly, you can't leave behind even one drop.'

For the first time Chen Quan Ran saw his grandma smile at him strangely. His intuition warned him there was something wrong with the bowl of herbal soup. The bowl of herbal soup looked delicious and fragrant, but he was too full from his afternoon meal to eat or drink anything else.

Madam's complexion darkened because her grandson refused to drink the soup and glared at her grandson. 'If I asked you to drink then drink. What are you doing staring at the soup? It's made with rare herbs that will nourish your body.'

'Grandma, if it's that nourishing then why aren't you drinking it?' Chen Quan Ran asked.

Madam regretted she couldn't hit her grandson's head a few times for not being agreeable. 'Grandson, are you going to drink it or not?'

Chen Quan Ran laughed. 'Grandma, confess what is wrong with this bowl of soup? Why aren't you drinking it and forcing me to drink it?'

'Whose fault can it be but my exceptional granddaughter-in-law?' Madam asked. 'Every day if it's not in the morning then in the evening she would give me a bowl of herbal soup to drink. Honestly, I've drank enough to turn insane. One glance and I'll be full.'

Madam voiced her grievance and looked pitifully at her grandson. 'I don't know anything except that you must drink this bowl of herbal soup for me. Otherwise later if Xiao Lan sees I haven't drank it, she'll not let me escape.'

Madam heard her grandson laughed continuously, but she wasn't in a laughing mood. She forced him to hold the bowl. 'If you don't help me then I'll immediately order servants to evict you from the Chen Manor.'