Chapter 8:Wise wife

Chapter Eight (Part 1)

Three days later Chen Luo Yu left the Chen Manor.

But Chen Luo Yu didn't return to the army camp, she decided to visit some of her friends and relatives from her father's side.

Chen Luo Yu didn't want to leave the imperial city because she hoped that one day Chen Quan Ran would change his mind. She would willingly be his second wife.

Chen Quan Ran didn't care if Chen Luo Yu wanted to stay in the imperial city, Chen Luo Yu could visit anyone as long as she left the Chen Manor.

After Chen Luo Yu left, Chen Quan Ran sighed softly and hugged his wife. 'Xiao Lan you should be happy that you don't need to be jealous of Chen Luo Yu.'

'Who's jealous?' Mo Lan asked. 'Which of your eyes saw me jealous?'

'You didn't eat vinegar?' Chen Quan Ran asked. 'Who was the one who pinched and kicked their husband? Xiao Lan, can't you see the bruises on my arms are still visible?'

Mo Lan couldn't refute her husband's words. Although her husband insisted on sleeping with her when she was angry at him, she was glad her husband didn't hesitate to let Chen Luo Yu leave the Chen Manor.

Madam's grandson and her granddaughter-in-law returned to their affectionate bickering ways and she couldn't stop herself from teasing them.

While everyone at the Chen Manor anticipated General Chen's wife being pregnant, the Southern Yue's Prince Jing Qi and General Fang Mu Chu arrived at the imperial city and entered the palace.

Prince Jing Qi and General Fan Mu Chu were treated as guests at the palace and they brought gifts for the Northern Empire's emperor. The emperor diplomatically prepared a banquet to welcome the guests and summoned all his court officials to attend the banquet.

After the emperor, in the Northern Empire Chen Quan Ran held the highest status and couldn't refuse attending the banquet.

Chen Quan Ran was someone who was lazy to attend formal social gatherings, but he was curious to meet General Fang Mu Chu. So Chen Quan Ran wore formal clothes and brought Xiao Lan to attend the banquet at the palace.

It was Mo Lan's first time entering the palace and naturally she felt nervous. Although the Chen Manor was close to the palace, but her husband had been in the army for many years and she rarely had opportunities to enter the palace.

At the palace banquet hall Mo Lan had the opportunity to meet many court officials and see the emperor's appearance clearly. The Northern Empire's emperor Long Hao was twenty-eight years old, he looked like a young handsome gentleman.

Mo Lan wasn't foolish, although Long Hao looked gentler compared to her husband she knew to survive in the palace Long Hao would have won many battles within the palace to become the emperor and he wasn't a simpleton.

Long Hao was a wise emperor. On the outside he appeared gentle but on the inside he would make certain situations were controlled within his hands.

Long Hao had many consorts, sons and daughters. Mo Lan couldn't control her heart from pitying Long Han's consorts. Marrying an emperor was actually an unfortunate fate, because there were many women fighting for the emperor's affections. Also the women were forced to use their children to earn the emperor's favour.

Chen Quan Ran's intuition could see his wife's heart. He held her hand and spoke softly. 'Xiao Lan don't worry, in this lifetime I'm only marrying you. There'll never be a woman who would come between us. Apart from our children, there would never be another child that will call me father.'