1-5

Aside from when they first met, there had been no particularly special moments between Olivia and Will, just a fairly normal friendship. It was a slow-burn. Will hadn't noticed but at some point, his thoughts had started revolving around Olivia. They'd only known each other for a few months, but somehow, he knew that he'd fallen in love.

It started out as a little crush. He liked talking to her, he always had fun when she was around. They didn't spend too much time together at school, they had lunch together but that was about it. At least, that's what everyone thought. Will almost never attended class. But he was always loitering around somewhere in the school. About a week into the school year, Will had figured out that from his favourite spot on the rooftop, he could spy into Olivia's classroom. At first, he was just spying out of curiosity. But when he saw her, he was pretty surprised. She seemed so different when she was in class.

Her long hair cascaded softly down her back, glowing in the sunlight. Her eyebrows were creased in frustration, but her eyes glimmered with focus and fascination. An angelic face, but an equally devilish figure. Mercilessly gnawing on her bottom lip, she hadn't noticed or didn't care about the multitude of eyes that roamed around her body.

He'd spent the whole time just watching her interact with her fellow students, and he didn't notice until the bell rang to signal the end of class. The next time he saw her, he decided not to say anything and promised himself that it was just a one-time thing. The next day, however, he was alone on the rooftop again and felt it wouldn't be so bad to just look for a little while. But he was disappointed to find the classroom empty. It seems she had a different class right now. Just as he was about to leave, he heard shouts from the sports field. Perhaps...

When he went over, his eyes moved straight to Olivia. He was going to turn back but was astonished to see her incredible athletic talent. Regardless of whether it was running, jumping or whatever else, she seemed to move with ease. Her gaze was determined and a confident grin brightened her face, her whole person seemed to exemplify youthful vigour. The perspiration on her skin added a slight sheen to her rosy cheeks and otherwise pale skin. Again, Will could see the many eyes that had glued themselves to her.

Will was irritated by the lewd looks that they gave her.

From then on, it had just become a habit. Whenever he had time, he always found himself drawn to her. It was fun to see what she was like around other people, albeit a little creepy.

What Will didn't know though, was that Olivia had noticed him as well, but only recently. During class one day, she happened to look out the window and caught sight of a figure on the roof. She immediately recognised it as Will. He was sat on the edge, next to the fence, and was looking over the school grounds below him. Atop the ledge, he seemed aloof and detached from the world around him, like an emperor sat on his throne.

For a moment, she thought she'd seen him looking over here, but that must've been an illusion.

Now every time she was in class, she would unconsciously look toward the roof. When she was with Will, she had never once gotten the impression that he was distant or cold. She simply couldn't understand how he and the person in the rumours could be the same person. The Will that she knew was always kind, if a little silly sometimes, the smallest things could make him so happy. But now, she understood. Seeing him look so different was strange, he was like a completely different person. Was this how he looked to other people? But then, why did he treat her differently? Was she... special to him?

While thinking about Will, she felt her heart-beat quicken just a tad.

Andrew, who was currently studying in the library, felt a slight smile creep onto his face. The previous year, he had recommended to Will the spot on the roof and earlier this year he made sure to jiggle around the classes so that Olivia would be in the classroom with the best view of the roof. He smiled in satisfaction, causing the girl who sat across from him to literally swoon.