⌈1⌋

CHAPTER ONE
ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴀʀᴛ

words: 1099

AT THE MERE AGE OF SIXTEEN, Kim Seokjin was left to look after his two younger siblings

AT THE MERE AGE OF SIXTEEN, Kim Seokjin was left to look after his two younger siblings. He's been forced to leave school to pay for his and his siblings' food, water, gas, and to pay back the ever increasing debt of his now deceased father.

Is it alright to be angry at your parents for something out of their control? Seokjin tried to not blame anything but fate, he believed - or lived on the fact - that better times were coming towards them. That they'll have a happy life very soon.
And he's not very far away from the truth.

He worked day shifts at the local cafe and night shifts at the local laundrettes just to earn enough to eat every day.

His life was awful, but he managed to make it through to each tomorrow and always made sure to keep his brothers in his mind. For he wouldn't have been doing that if they didn't exist.

And this day was not anything unusual. Seokjin had just finished his shift at the bakery, leaving him a couple of hours rest to see his brothers, cook dinner and set them off to bed without Namjoon killing something before he had to go to work.

He ran back to the house to see his younger brothers after they had arrived back from school. "Jinnie's home!" He screamed as he slammed the front door behind him. The sight in the living room was unexpected.

A short man with brown hair sat on the sofa, a glass of water in his hand. He sat there talking happily to Namjoon and Taehyung. When he heard Seokjin enter the room, he turned around and stood up casually.

"Salut!" He said, french accent very thick, "comment vous appelez-vous?"

Seokjin stood there for a second, slightly dumbfounded, "Ah, je m'appelle Seokjin Kim, et vous?" He replied a second later.

"Yoongi Min," he replied, voice beautifully low and raspy, "could I talk to you alone please?" He asked, Seokjin nodded and showed the guest into the kitchen.

"Well, I guess it is very weird for a grown man to be in your house with two children." Yoongi began, making Seokjin scoff.

"If you put it that way it makes it worse." He chuckled, but shut up when Yoongi shot him a glare. Why was he letting this man take control in his house.

"Well, I offer a job." He continued, picking the interest of Seokjin, "I own a toy-factory on Île de l'eau. I need an assistant to help with my work on the island and I heard about your story. You'll get free accommodation and I have scholars their for your brother's schooling. There is a group of islands of the coast where they can go, less that ten minutes sail!" Yoongi explained everything about the job, what it entailed, and all the perks.

"I'll take it! Please!" Seokjin pleaded, making Yoongi smirk internally.

"You're sure?" Seokjin nodded, not caring about anything but getting the three a new start. He then was told they'd be leaving tonight.

"Alright you two. Pack everything you own in the next hour. Not packed, it's gone forever!" He shouted at his siblings, "we're moving tonight!"

Namjoon groaned as he stood up, in complete contrast to Taehyung who ran up quickly. Way too excited for this situation. And that pulled Yoongi's attention.

The four went onto the small sailing boat of the coast of the island. It was a twenty-five minute sail of the coast, not too far from land. They could see at least six other islands around their new home.

When they arrived on the island, Yoongi showed the three through the forest into their new home. It was amazing, and massive; for them at least. There was a room with a double bed for each of them, a large kitchen, a living room with a small TV and two bathrooms. How was this just the guest house?

"Tomorrow I will show you my house and the rest of the island tomorrow, but I have a feeling that one of you will already know it off by heart when I wake up." He looked at Namjoon, already being able to read him like a book. Namjoon blushed in embarrassment and hid behind his hands.

"Good night everyone!" He shouted as he left the family to adjust to their new home.

"Unpack children, dinner will be ready in twenty minutes exactly!" He said as he went to the kitchen to prepare some salad for dinner.

Taehyung ran into his room, bags in his small hands. He placed his stuff down and jumped on the large bed. There was pink linen bedding on the bed, which must've cost a fortune. He had one pillow, one more than he originally owned, and a small teddy on his bed. Whoever the guy they'd just met was, he was rich. Very rich.

The youngest placed his few clothes in one of the drawers and changed into a pair of new pink pajamas he found in one of the drawers.

"Jinnie! Jinnie!" He screamed as he ran downstairs excited. Seokjin turned around and scanned him, flabbergasted. This Yoongi Min was one person. He couldn't thank them enough. He wrote a mental note to remember to thank the older the next day.

"Wow, Taehyung. You look amazing!"
Seokjin smiled at the younger. Pink may not have been a male colour, but Taehyung was far from a masculine character. He'd always been bullied at his schol for being very feminine for a boy, all the other boys being very masculine and wanting to joining the army when they're older. It broke Seokjin's heart every time Taehyung came home with bruises and cuts almost daily.

"Come help me dish up the food, I call Namjoon." Taehyung ran to the kitchen to dish up the salad Seokjin had prepared. He heard the eldest scream from Namjoon, who came downstairs in a blue pair of pajamas.

"I love this man." Namjoon laughed. "You better keep this job Seokjin." He teased.

"You better eat your food then go to bed, young man!" He scolded like a parent.

Ahh finally another update, this took a while. I know I don't write that much but I do try my hardest. My goal is to write a 1.5k chapter one day!

This is set in a more-industrial, more-technologically-advanced 1930 france on a made up island ;)

Auray isn't made up, c'est très beau

If you enjoyed please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!