⌊4⌉

CHAPTER FOUR
ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs

words: 1096

CAUTION: abuse+rape mentions

OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS, the three brothers lived their lives like a fairytale

OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS, the three brothers lived their lives like a fairytale. Yoongi had brought everything to them, changed their lives for the good, made them happy. And most importantly, gave them a reason to live. Namjoon and Seokjin couldn't be more grateful for him, although Taehyung didn't realise the full extent of how much Yoongi had done for them.

The memory of Hoseok had quickly faded from Taehyung's mind like magic, you would have thought that something as big as a human being kept captive would be something Taehyung would remember.

He continued to live his life like a normal child his age; hanging out with Jeongguk, almost burning down the house whilst cooking food, even learning how to build small toys with Yoongi. Although making a hand-puppet is not the most complicated if toys, Taehyung was very, very proud of himself.

It was coming up for April when Namjoon realised something was wrong. It wasn't that he had seen anything unusual like a bunny-hybrid, or weird block-screen things. No, he had only met three people on the island - Park Jimin, Kim Hyojong, and Jo Jinho - and they were all humans.
What he had realised was that his younger brother was disappearing for hours on end and coming back either dazed, slightly injured, or not as happy as before. As if he'd seen something. It was never after going to Yoongi's toy-factory, Namjoon actually had no idea where Taehyung went during the day.

But did Namjoon worry? No. He just thought that Taehyung was missing his old home, it was a massive change in his life - of course it would affect himk. Why wouldn't Taehyung be missing his old home, and it's not as if Yoongi was hurting him.

Namjoon decided to go out onshore with his friend, Jimin. Namjoon was learning about the fishes of the sea with the fisherman. He ran to the little hut that Jimin spent most of his life in, the strong, overpowerful smell of raw fish filling his small nostrils. He saw Jimin standing there skinning a fish, what looked like a bass if he could remember right. Jimin quickly looked up before diverting his attention back to the fish.

"Good morning." He said in a deep, relaxed voice. Namjoon, not Jimin. Jimin sounded like a prepubescent girl.
"Morning!" Jimin smiled at his fish, the smile was meant for Namjoon. He placed the now skinned fish on the pile to be salted. "Can you pass the salt over, Joon."
Namjoon grabbed a small bag of salt from the shelf, already knowing where it is off by heart, and gave it to the shorter. Jimin covers the fish in salt before putting it in the freezer.

"Salt keeps it fresher." Jimin explained after seeing Namjoon's confused face. Namjoon let out a sigh of relief, he would have called for the local asylum otherwise. "So, shall we go sailing?" Jimin asked, Namjoon nodded.

The two got onto Jimin's boat, it's called Κρυσταλλία or Kristillia after the crystal-like look of the water. Jimin set the boat of, aiming for a broad reach in the light winds of today. He adjusted the dagger board to a quarter of the way down, the boat picking up slight speed as the manoeuvred into the middle of the sea.

When they reached open waters, Jimin let out the sail and aimed for the well-named 'no go zone'. They lau there for a good ten minutes, watching the clouds float gracefully above them in the bluebell-blue sky like little sheep jumping in a dream.

"So, do you have any family?" Namjoon started a conversation with Jimin. Jimin nodded.
"I have one cousin. No one really knows about him though." He said, lying slightly. He knew that Yoongi would be more than infuriated if Namjoon found out about Jeongguk.
"Ah. Do you know what happened to your parents?" Namjoon asked but immediately backtracked. "I shouldn't of asked that. Oh god. I'm so sorry."

"Joon. I think we've know eachother long enough. You should know." Jimin said as he worm-shuffled so his head was next to Namjoon's.

"Fifteen, almost sixteen, years ago, on a lonely night sometime at the beginning of the year. My father was out at a-a brother. An illegal one. That's where he met my mother. They had sex, he paid for it. But sadly, my mum ended up becoming pregnant. With me." He paused for a second. "My father was made to look after my mother until I was born, but decided to look after I was born as well. But his reasonings were... evil." A tear slipped down Jimin's cheek, Namjoon immediately embrassed the other.

"You-you don't have to continue." Namjoon whispered into Jimin's ear.

"No. I will." Jimin replied, voice a bit croaky. "He did it because he wanted a punching bag. When I turned nine, he thought I was finally old enough to take the brunt of being the mistake. He continued to attack my mum on an almost hourly basis, but then he also started attacking me. He punched and kicked me. He smashed bottles onto my head. He cut my face. It was livable, survivable. But only slightly. Until one day." He stopped, more salty tears tracking their way down his slightly red, puffy cheeks. He shouldn't have been telling Namjoon about his past. He'd only told two people on this earth, but for some reason he felt the need to. "When I was twelve, my-my dad..."

"You don't need to say Jimin." Namjoon said, more like warned to not continue.

"He-he raped me." Jimin chocked out. Tears started to race down, his now-loud whimpers like an out-of-tune guitar. Namjoon's heart stopped. How could someone do such a thing to a person as fragile-looking as Jimin.

And to think that nobody knew what had happened to Jimin.

Jimin hugged into Namjoon even tighter, and Namjoon hugged back protectively.

"Joon. I know this is wei-weird after what I-I just admitted but... I need to tell you something." Jimin mumbled into Namjoon's ear.

"Ouí, Jimin?" Namjoon whispered-ish back, "Qu'est-ce que tu veux dire?"

"Je- Je-" Jimin began, stuttering slightly.

That was a lot, I feel so bad for Jimin now oops

If you enjoyed please VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE!

I really try hard with these books so all criticism and thoughts are taken. I want to make this book veerrryyyyy good! :)