Adrienette

So sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy with school and stuff. Luckily, all that crap is over because it's friggin summer!! WOOO! More chapters to come, my lovelies! Enjoy!! (This chapter is one of my longer ones)

>>>Marinette's POV<<<

"Marinette, sweetie, would you be a dear and watch the bakery for us?" I rubbed my eyes and grunted as my mother yelled up the stairs.

"We'll be back later tonight! Your father and I are just going out to see old friends!" She finished as I ruffled up my hair in a lazy manner, now sitting up in my bed. "Please see to it that Mrs. Chamack gets her cake for today!" She shouts as the tiny bell chimes throughout the bakery, indicating that she opened the door. 

"Alright!" I called down to them from my spot on the bed as I yawned. "Thank you, Marinette!" They responded as they closed the door, leaving nothing but silence behind.

"Uuuuuuhhhgg." I fell back on my bed, rubbing my eyes. "So many orders. Too lazy." I yawned.

"Marinette, come on! Alya's mother is going to be coming today, and you have to finish her order!" My red spotted kwami flew up to my face, tapping my cheek lightly. 

"I know, I know." I sat up in my bed once more. "There's just always so much to do around here, and I don't know how I'm going to get everything done in time." I sighed as I flipped my blankets over to the side, getting up from my pink bed. 

"Don't worry Marinette, you can do it! You're the daughter of the best bakers in Paris. You've probably made tons harder things in your life than a simple cake." Tikki reassured me as I walked over to my mirror, putting my hair in their usual twin tails. 

"Thanks, Tikki" I smiled over at the adorable ladybug kwami. "I know, now get a move on, Mari!" She poked my cheek in a rushed manner.

>>>Le time skip<<<

"Alright," I said to myself as I walked downstairs from my room, and to the bakery. "Let's see what's on the list today," I muttered under my breath, grabbing the relatively long sheet of orders for the day.

My eyes widened when I saw how many people were actually planning on coming today, and that's not even counting the number of people that show up on a regular basis! How exactly do my parents expect me to do this entire list!?

"Alright, I really gotta get crankin' on this," I said to myself when Tikki flew into my pastel pink purse, while I turned to the ingredients behind me. 

I opened the cabinet, revealing several bags of sugar and flour. I looked down for a moment at the recipe, fully analyzing what ingredients and measurements I needed for Mrs. Chamack's cake. 

"Alright, this shouldn't be too hard," I said to myself as I grabbed a bag of confectioners' sugar. 

After I set the sugar on the counter, I was on the hunt for the other ingredients for the beautiful cake. The other ingredient being, confetti quins, semi-sweet chocolate chips, unsalted butter, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, heavy cream, vegetable oil, water, and food coloring. 

And of course, I couldn't forget the 10 x 10 round cake pan. "Finally, I have everything." I sighed in relief, setting the round cake pan on the counter with the other ingredients. 

After a few moments, I walked over to the drawer containing the mixing bowls as I wiped my hands on my pink apron from left-over sugar residue. 

I reached up to open the cabinet containing all the shiny, silver mixing bowls and took three of them out gingerly. Once my hands were full with the mixing bowls, I closed the cabinet, circling back over to the counter to drop them off.