LadyNoir

>>>Ladybug's POV<<<

I had already used my lucky charm and Chat had used his Cataclysm, but nothing seems to be working this time. Not against this Akuma. 

"Chat! We're out of options!" I say frantically as I dodge a knife thrown my way. "I don't know what to do!" My heart beats faster as I dodge another knife aimed at my face. 

Unfortunately, to my luck, this Akuma was a knife thrower. I don't know how he got Akumatized in the first place, but I'm pretty sure he was the local butcher across the street. Seems like a nice guy though.

"Ladybug, we need to regroup!" Chat says, pole-vaulting every-which-way to avoid the knives being thrown at him. "But where?" I ask quizzically, standing still long enough to become a target for the Akuma. 

Just then, it was the kiss of death. A sharp, well-shined kitchen knife was thrown and aiming for my throat.

"LADYBUG!" Was all I heard before I suddenly collided with the hard concrete ground below me, the hard impact knocking the wind out of me. 

After my eyes adjust and I'm gasping for air, I'm met with a pair of electric green orbs and a worried blond above me in a rather suggestive position. 

"Th-ank you, Chat Noir," I choke out before he moves off of me and helps me up. 

The blonde looks down at me, both sweetly and worriedly as he lets go of my hand. "No problem, M'Ladybug. Just be more careful, oka-"

"OHH how sweet!~ The Kitty came to save his bugaboo, how romantic!" Premium Cut (The Akuma's name) buts in, cutting him off mid-sentence as he twirls a knife in his hand.

-

-

Then silence...

-

-

One thing that freaked me out was the way Chat looked at that moment. The way his leather-clad hands balled up into fists, the way the wind blew his wild golden locks, and the way his electric green gaze burned and darkened with fury.

"Don't you dare touch her!" The cat-themed superhero spat, his voice laced with venom as he slowly walked over to Premium Cut. 

This was the side of Chat I never got to see before, and maybe it should have stayed that way...

"Hmmm, and why not? Ending her pitiful life would be simple. Maybe I'll even be doing her a favor." Premium Cut said slyly, a grin gracing the corners of his lips.

I looked frantically between the two, not knowing what was going to happen next, or even what to say. 

In my state of confusion, Chat pole-vaulted towards the Akuma angerly and pinned him down with a few swift motions, swinging away at Premium Cut's face with his balled-up fists.

I was stunned and completely frozen in utter shock as I saw the two fight it out. This wasn't like a simple rough-house that you have with your friends, but a full-out fight. A blood-shed brawl.

Ever since I've known Chat, he's never gotten into a physical one-on-one fight, and this scared me to death. I begged myself to move, but I couldn't bring myself to move a single inch as I saw blood spatter on the pavement only feet away from me. 

"Chat! No! Stop!" I pleaded in a weak voice, both from the wind being knocked out of me and from the scene rapidly unfolding. 

"Chat! Please!" I whimpered and felt my legs quiver from under me. I soon fell to my knees in defeat, tears welling in the corners of my eyes.