LadyNoir

>>>Adrien's POV<<<

~~Flashback~~

"Look, Adrien!" Mother sat me on her lap, holding a sparkling stick close to us. "This called a sparkler, isn't it beautiful?" She waved it around gently, my gaze fixated on the small, bright light.

"As a little girl, these were my favorite kind of firework." Her emerald eyes glistened in the dim light of the sparkler. "It's like... a blooming flower filled with light and hope amongst the darkest of nights." She continued on, her soft voice like the soft chime of a tiny bell. 

Mother smiled down at me, letting me examine the small sparks flying in all directions. "I hope that one day when you're all grown up, you will shine and smile even when times are tough...Never lose your smile or kindness." 

"Never lose your light, Adrien." Her voice cooed softly as she ran a hand through my hair, her touch ever so delicate and nurturing. 

~~~

"Hey kid, you alright? You've been staring out the window for some time now." Plagg few over to me, a slice of Camembert cheese occupying his tiny little hands. 

"Y-yeah, I'm fine... Just thinking about some things." I ran a hand through my blonde locks, remembering that time with Mother so vividly. 

"M'kay." Plagg flew back over to the foosball table, propping himself up on one of the pawns. 

"Hey, you should reeeeaaaallly consider getting a mini fridge in here." The little cat-like Kwami spoke up, cheese stuffed in his face in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"And stink it up with your God-forsaken cheese? Yeah, I don't think so." I retorted absently, my mind still whirling with memories of my Mother. 

When neither of us said anything more, we gave each other space. In all honesty, Plagg can be a loose cannon sometimes, but even he knows when I need my space. 

After some moments, I fell back onto my bed with a sigh I didn't know I was holding in. 

The last thing I wanted to do was think about my Mother. All it did was bring up too many emotions with questions left unanswered. 

Why did you have to go?

Was it something I did?

Do you still... love me?

I oh-so-badly wanted nothing more than for sleep to overtake my mind and my body. But like my light, it was something I could not find. 

With a heave, I finally got up, still deprived of sleep for the past two days. 

I just want fresh air, I just want to get out of here for a while. My gaze drifted back to the window now plastered with rain, the little droplets sounding soft pitter-patters as they hit the glass. 

"Plagg, Claws Out," I said hesitantly, feeling as though running from rooftop to rooftop would lighten things up a little. Just a little. 

~~~

I leaped across nearby lamposts and pole-vaulted from roof to roof, a sense of freedom and exhilaration pumping through my veins. I took a deep breath, cherishing the feeling of raindrops lightly gazing my face as I continued with my little outing.