3 | It's Been A Year

Sometimes the only reason why you won't let go of what makes you sad is because it was the only thing that made you happy.

"Everyone in position?" I held the glass to my lips making it look very discreet.

"Yes." Jasmine confirms, I look over to see her sitting with a bunch of people.

"Yep." I watch Jade pull down her dress as she stood on the side of the dance floor.

"Our target is headed towards you, Zoe." I heard Jasmine speak through the ear piece we had in.

I turn my body facing the bartender. I waited for him to take a seat next to me. I placed the glass down and smirk.

"Whatever he's ordering it's on me."

"Scotch on rocks." He spoke not taking his eyes off me. "Do I know you?"

"Hannah." I stuck my hand out for him to take it. "Now you do."

"William." He flips my hand over to place a soft kiss.

"Well William, do you like to dance?" 

"Not particularly."

"Well, I'm gonna be over there. Dancing by myself Incase you'd like to join me. You know have some excuse to feel me up or whatever." I throw my head back drinking the last of my drink and slamming it back on the counter.

I start to walk onto the dark crowded dance floor.

"He's all yours." I told Jade as I passed her on my way. I sat down in a booth over from Jasmines. Watching it go down.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I'm just- wow you're really hot." Jade stumbles in the arms of William.

"I'm just running into all kinds of beautiful women." I roll my eyes at his comment. "What's your name?"

"Does it matter?"

I look over at Jasmine who so quickly made her way over to the scene.

"I'm sorry is this drunk bothering you?" Jasmine spoke in a seductive voice. "What did I tell you?"

I take my eye off of them for a minute to scan the crowd. That's when I start to notice suspicious guys that hung around outside the dance floor. They all wore dress shirts and pants, every now and then they would hold their wrists to their mouths.

"Guys we have a situation." I spoke not caring who if it looks like I'm talking to myself. "suspicious men at twelve and six."

I stood to my feet slowly making my way over. I notice the men started to close in as well.

"Next time you want to drug me..." he grabs Jasmines arm, lifting it up and revealing a needle. "At least put in my drink."

"Guys, Run!" I shout and see Jade bolt into the crowd. I watch as one men go after her. Then two men take a hold of Jasmine.

I ran over taking my heel off and hitting him on his head. I look over and see William making a run for it.

"Can you handle this?" I asked, taking off my other heel.

"Zoe... don't its... not worth it!" She said in between punches.

"I can't loose him again!" Once my heel was off so was I. I chase after him all the way to the back. I ran into a few people along the way.

Feeling the cold air hit my face once I reached the back door, leading out to a dark alley. Tinted brick walls, smelly trash can, but William was no where to be found.

That was until I felt arms wrap around my neck. I felt the air leave my lungs, making it harder to see. I quickly bit his arm, I could taste iron, his blood.