30 | The Pact

"You lied to me!"

Anger is nothing more than an outward expression of hurt, fear, and frustration.

"YOU LIED TO ME!"

Anger doesn't solve anything, it builds nothing but it can destroy everything.

"Calm down, what happened?" Jasmine was the bravest one to speak.

"Did you idiots honestly think we weren't gonna figure it out? That we're too stupid!"

"You're not making any sense." Logan hesitates.

"Oh I'm not?" I sarcastically smile.

"Zoe what happened." Jade urges.

"Selling the most dangerous weapons... Dealing the most wanted drugs... are you kidding me?" I cross my arms.

"Alex what is she talking about?" Jasmine hissed.

"Who told?"

"Alex!"

"What, I want to know who the fuck-

"Jordan you son of a bitch!" Jayce made his way toward him ready to attack.

I quickly stepped between. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

"Zoe just listen to me-

"NO YOU LISTEN... Do you have any idea how crazy this is? How risky this is? What the hell were you thinking, Jayce?" I looked at the others. "Logan, Nick, Alex... anybody?"

"When were you even going to tell us?" Jade questions, clearly bothered as much as Jasmine and I.

"Never." Nick hesitates.

Jades eyes widen. "NEVER?" She swung her hand hitting the back of his head. "Seriously!"

"Is being happy not enough for you?" I look at Jayce. "We finally got a chance to start over. To live a life without having to look over our shoulders. No longer criminals, I thought thatʻs what you wanted!" I shouted.

"No! Thatʻs what you Jade and Jasmine wanted not us!" Jayceʻs words stung. "You made that decision for us !"

"Wait what?" Jade spat.

"ARE SERIOUS? Jayce why the hell would you go on like this if you had a fucking problem?" I shouted again. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"All I did was stay home watch TV and eat, for a month that was fine. Then another month went, I started to grow bored and I wasn't the only one. Then another month went by and I felt like something was missing..." He looks at the guys and smirks.

"Dont get me wrong I love not being wanted, I love the fresh start... I can do whatever I desire because I have a fresh start."

"So I suggested we start a business.." Nick adds not proud by it.

"You?" Jade gasps.

"Why didnʻt you say anything to us before!" I pounded my fist against Jayces chest.

"You were all busy with the kids. We didnʻt want you to worry." Alex defended.

"Do you have any idea how difficult it is to run a business? Not to mention an illegal business as well." Jasmine questions. "You five couldnt possibly do it on your own."

"Weʻre not the people that I saved from Marco wants to work for us, legally and illegally. Youʻd be surprised on how much there are." Jordan explains.

"Yeah there's a lot of them." Alex smiles.

"Veronica is one of them?" Jade crosses her arms.

Nick nervously laughs. "Y-Yeah."