9 | The Heavens And Back

Only those who care about you can hear you when you're quiet.

"What's going on?"

"What?"

"You're quiet... something tells me you aren't here to catch up." Nick crosses his arms across his orange jumper suit.

"Wheres Alex?"

"Keeping Jayce occupied... Zoe what's wrong?" Nick readdressed the question.

"No I'm fine..."

"Seriously?" Logan crosses his arms raising an eyebrow.

"Don't look at me like that with your bruised and cut face. Let's talk about that shall we?"

"Zoe c'mon." Logan scoffs.

"No you c'mon I'm sure Jayce has told you my issues already. I'm an open book... so tell me Logan why does your face look like crap." I cross my arms causing Logan to glance at Nick slightly.

"Don't lie to me I can't handle another lie." I look into his eyes and he sighs closing them.

"Alright, every week I meet up with Marco in a room like this." He gestures to the cold gray interrogation room. "He ties me up to a chair and beats information out of me."

I immediately cover my mouth.

"Wait what?" Nick confused tells me he had no idea.

"The day we were arrested I was telling him how shitty our life was already. Jayce having a girlfriend may have slipped from my mouth- he doesn't know who you are or what you look like. That's why he's still beating me up to find information on ya..."

"Logan what the hell!" Nick exclaims as process this new information.

"Why would you do that?" I whisper.

"I can't let him get to you. I would never forgive myself if something were to happen because of me."

"I'm so sorry." I wrap my arms around his neck burying my head in his shoulder. "Im sorry I neglected you."

"What do you mean?"

"When you told me you liked me years ago I was stupid and blind. You have been kind to me since day one and I chose Jayce."

"Hey, no don't do that. Yes, Jayce is a complete and utter idiot who's an asshole that doesn't know the difference between good and bad..."

I heard a slight chuckle coming from Nicks end.

"It's true." He chimes in. "Don't forget stubborn."

"Yes that too... oh and uptight sometimes."

"Yeah." Nick snaps his finger smiling.

"Guys."

"Right- what was I saying... oh right... believe it or not he is deeply in love with you. This is all new to him, he needs you more then ever. Just give him sometime to get used to the idea of having love. Why am I defending this idiot-

"Because you're a good friend." Nick reminds him.

Logan scans my body with his hands still on my waist. He bites his lower lip and shakes his head.

"A damn good friend." He releases my waist causing me to laugh.

"I'm missed you guys." I finally told them once the laughter was under control. "I promise I'm gonna get you guys out of here."

"No worries Z." Nick reassures. I pull them both into a hug as they plant a kiss on my cheeks. I looked at them one last time before leaving the interrogation room.