7 | I Have No Right

Jayce POV

Everything that you're going through is preparing you for what you asked for.

"Why so early? I could be sleeping in my hard as a rock bed right now."

"Because you were the closest one, plus hes never asked to meet me this early in the day." I nervously pace back and fourth in the interrogation room that we had been waiting in for the past 10 minutes.

"Or on a Wednesday." Quinn adds, as she kicks her feet below her while she sits on the table in the middle of the room.

"That too." I felt her leg go up stopping me from walking on. She grabs my hand pulling me towards her. "Stop worrying, it may be nothing."

Suddenly the door opens, making my heart skip a beat.

Sometimes the best things happen unexpectedly.

"Zoe?" I snatched my hand away making my way over to Zoe. Her eyes wouldn't leave the Quinn's.

"Hi I'm Quinn." She holds out her hand to shake but Zoe refuses to shake it. Instead she looks down at her hands.

"Ill just leave you two alone." Quinn smiles before leaving the room.

"Before you get mad... she is a lesbian." I quickly defend myself and her tense body loosens.

That was close.

I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Her small arms wrap around my neck, a smile was brought to her face. Making me smile.

"I'm sorry," She sighs.

"Its fine." I place my lips on her soft pink lips. I haven't tasted her in so long, god I missed her so much.

Once we parted she spoke up, "How have you been?"

"Lets see, Alex keeps starts fights with inmates that he can't finish.Nick deals drugs within this hell hole, and Logan always manages to get himself beaten to a pulp. "

"And you?" She bites her lip worried.

I was going to tell her how bad I was but her eyes showed she was worried enough. I can't worry her anymore, so I fibbed a bit.

"...Ive been good. I'm great actually , Quinn has been keeping me in check and shit."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she's amazing... you'd like her. Funny story the guys and I ran into an old enemy. He blames me for his failure can you believe it?"

"Sure."

"Anyways, so we were beating the shit out of each other... then Quinn-

"Jayce."

"Wait you didn't even hear the best part-

"Jayce I have to go... I only came here to tell you that I'm  working on getting you guys out of here." Ah reality, boy does it suck. Our life absolutely sucks.

Her arms fall to her sides and she makes her way out. I waited for her to leave the room for me to release a breathe I had been holding. I took a moment to take in a few deep breathes. My last breathe was cut short once I heard Zoe speaking.

"Im sorry for being a bitch..."

"You have every right to be. Why are you apologizing? Im the sorry one..." Quinn chimes in.

Oh no.

"No I should apologize..."

SHIT!

I ran over to the door pushing it open but it wouldnt budge.