20 | Meeting The Devil

Zoe POV

"The usual booth, sir." We slid in our booth in the back corner. The waitress placed two menus in front. "Can I start you off with some drinks?"

"I'll have a water with lemon", He smiles. "And please call me Marco."

"And for your- I'm sorry we haven't met." She smiles, I removed the hand that I used to cover my mouth and I smiled.

She had salt n pepper hair. Glasses that rested on the bridge of her nose. Cute wrinkles by her eyes whenever she would smile.

Marco began to speak for me.
"This is my-

"Niece, I'm Zoe and I'll have a Pepsi."

"Awe how nice... you're so lucky to have an uncle like him." She continues to write on her notepad.

"Ha lucky... yeah you could say that." I scoff causing Marco to glare at me. More like cursed but whatever works.

Once she left we sat in silence examining each other. After a while I grew irritated and let out a soft growl.

"Go ahead ask me..."

"Ask you what?" He leans back into the chair crossing his arms.

"I know you are curious to how I turned out. So go ahead and ask."

"Alright how did you meet Jayce Calaway?"

I could feel the color in my skin drain from my face. A lump formed in the back of my throat. H-how does he know?

"I have my sources, Jellybean."

Gabi.

"Fine... It was my junior year in high school. He kidnapped me for stealing his money and being the Chief of polices daughter. As I was there I liked the gang life and him, so I dropped out of high school. I gained and lost many loved ones. I also reunited with ones I hate with a passion." I smile evilly tilting my head to the side.

"And Tom is alright with that?"

"Don't do that... you of all people shouldn't judge. He is the best father a daughter could ask for. It's not his fault, it's mine. I was inconsiderate and stupid."

"So you threw away everything for what? A criminal and a crappier life?"

"You abused a perfectly innocent child. And caused her mom to kill herself." I cross my arms like he did displaying no emotion on my face.

"Jelly-

"Stop calling me that! You lost the right to call me that a long time ago!" I slammed my fists against the table. The sound of silverware hitting against the table.

"Take it easy-

"Why did ask to meet me? I know you didn't come here to ask me how life is treating me! What do you want, Marco? You took my family, the love of my life, my freedom! So what could you possibly want from me!" The light in his eyes disappears.

He leans in on the table. I cautiously lean back for safety precautions.

"I want you to join me."

Is this guy on crack?

"What?"

"I've heard stories Zoe, amazing ones. You are strong, quick, and smart."

He realizes I hate his guts right?

"I'm also a bitch" I state with a smirk.

"I know what I have done is unforgivable. But I'm a different man than I was then. Join me and we can accomplish great things." There it was that spark in his eyes. I felt his hand grab mine. And all the traumatic memories came rushing back.

FlashBack

"You make my life a living hell! Just another thing I have to worry about! So you know what, I'm gonna make your life a living hell!" His breath reeked with alcohol, his white shirt unbuttoned, hair untouched.

"You're already doing that!"

"Zoe!" My mom scolded, feeling terrified for my sake. I look at her with sympathetic eyes as crouched down, hugging her legs at the bottom of the steps. "Please."

I look back at my father who's eyes filled with darkness. Fists clenched to the point where they turned white.

"No, I'm sick of him talking to you like this! Talking to me like this! Life isn't supposed to be this hard! I hate him, I hate you!"

"Don't you ever talk to me like that! I am your father!"

"Father? You don't deserve to be called father? You beat your wife, she hasn't left you yet because she's terrified of what you might do. I absolutely hate you, you are dead to me! I wish you were never my dad! I wish you never existed, you drunken bastard!"

~~~~~

Before I could bring my hands up to defend, my dad places his hands on my shoulders, slamming me into the wall, where he started landing solid punches into my gut.

"Next time you listen to me," He punched me one last time, Making everything go black.

~~~~

"Please I'm sorry I'll listen! Just stop hitting me!"

"You should've thought of that before disrespecting me in front of everyone!"  Shoving me to the ground before gripping me by the hair. "Your gonna suffer!"

End Of FlashBack

"Don't touch me!" I snatched my hand away. I quickly slid out of the booth. I ran out of the diner like my life depended on it.

"Zoe... Zoe..."

"NO..." I snapped my body around marching straight towards him.

"YOU MADE MY CHILDHOOD HELL! YOU TOOK MY CHILDHOOD AWAY. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO A KID?"

He opened his mouth to speak but I wouldn't allow him to.

"NOT ONLY MY CHILDHOOD BUT MY FUTURE! I CANT MOVE ON WITHOUT JAYCE. I CANT LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT HIM..." tears started to stroll down my cheeks. I can't hold it back anymore.

"And you took him away too."

"Zoe I can-

"I would rather die a tragic death then work for you."

"I see."

As I walked away he spoke again.

"You will regret turning down my offer. I should know by now you're terrible at making decisions." I immediately stopped, clenching my finger nails into the palm of my hands.

I marched my way back to him. I looked him dead in the eyes and slapped him.

"Fuck you."

With that I left.

________________________________

Authors Note:

I did a batch of chapters. Hope you all liked it.

Thoughts?

REMEMBER: The book doesn't end until I say it's the end. You will know when it's finished.