23 | I Got It

"Are you watching the news?"

"Why the fuck did you call me?" My fingers tighten around my phone as i held it against my ear.

"I can't call my own daughter. You must be hurting right now." The sound of Marcos voice makes my skin crawl. It's disgusting.

"Screw you."

"I wouldn't be talking to me like that if I were you. In fact I'd be extra kind." His low devious voice sends chills down my spine. My first instinct was to put the phone on speaker.

I held my index finger to my mouth earning nods.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"FUCK OFF- Zoe is that you? The son of a bitch has us!" The sound of his voice makes my heart drop.

"Jayce? It's me! Are you okay?" I cry out to him.

"I love you... whatever you do... don't listen to him! Don't listen-

His sentence was cut short so suddenly. It makes me drop to my knees, hanging my head down in defeat.

"What do you want?" I managed to choke out.

"Either I kill them..."

Hear that?

That's the sound of my heart breaking.

"Or you join me and I let them go. But you may never see them again."

"Why are you doing this?" I tried my best to make it sound I'm not crying.

"You need to be disciplined, jellybean. Since you were little you've always been disrespectful. It's time you learned the right way, by my side."

I close my eyes as I felt the tears slowly running down my face.

"You have twenty four hours." Before I could say anything the line went dead.

"Zoe?" The sound of Jades voice was soft, filled with guilt.

I can't breathe.

"Zoe we're gonna figure it out okay?"

I look to Jordan as tears continue to fall.

"How?"

"I'm not sure yet but we'll figure something out."

Jasmine scoffs in disbelief. "Jordan, Marco has the guys! It's either they die or we loose Zoe."

"I hate this... I wish we can just start over and live a new life." Jade sighs.

Jades words continued to replay in my head.

I wish we can just start over.

Hers and everyone else's.

Jordan...

Because we live in a freaking hell hole. Our life isn't exactly normal and safe, Z. He is better off with a normal and legal life. Then have him look over his shoulder and have a gun on him 24/7.

Jasmine...

I have nothing! If we can't get them then what the hell is left of the gang? I hate this life... I hate being a criminal!

Jayce...

I wanna be able to take care of you and my kid. I don't wanna purpose to you in the walls of Jail, I wanna purpose to right. This isn't a proposal it's a promise.