Chapter 6

Ryland lies on the hotel bed, fast asleep. Right after going to Belle Reve she had collapsed into the bed. With only a black hoodie and a pair of sleeping shorts. she had spent the rest of the night in deep sleep.

Rick on the other hand, had spent the entire time keeping a look out and guarding her, incase an incident were to happen. He knew that if he lost her he would be devastated.

The lightning outside the window lights up the room for a moment, followed by the loud thunder that rattles the windows. The rain is pouring down heavily, trailing down the window at fast speed.

Rick walks and looks out the window, currently eating a piece of Chicken. He tears into it and chews.

Ryland's eyebrows furrow, her hand tightens on the pillow, and she slowly shakes her head as if she were having a bad dream. Her mouth tightens before she whispers out the words.

"Keeper"

The room rattles and shakes, lights flickering on and off, and Rick springs into action, dropping the Chicken Leg and instead grabbing his gun from the coffee table and pointing it at The Keeper, who is sitting on the bed. Her red rags hang around her, and her eyes glow even more red than usual.

He inhales and exhales loudly, slightly panicked, and The Keeper smiles her wicked smile and touches her chains in a sultry manner.

Rick holds his phone up, dialling Amanda's number. And puts it up to his ear. The Keeper sees this, and knowing what is going to happen, she blows her mist towards him.

The room shakes, snd suddenly he is not in the hotel room anymore, but in a hospital room.

He looks around, his tired and bloodshot eyes looking around the room

A machine is beeping erratically, and Rick looks at the bed besides him.

Ryland lies there, unconscious.

"Ry?" He asks, his voice breaking. He walks towards her slowly and sinks down on his knees.

"Her hearts not beating, I'm calling time of death" One of the nurses says. She starts to remove the wires from her chest and stomach. He body lies limp on the matress.

"Ry?" Rick asks again, his voice full of emotion. His face scrunches up, and tears flow freely down his face as he touches softly her pale face pulling her closer into his arms.

"Ry!?" He says again desperation on his tone.

He is pulled out of the vision with a gasp. He pants for breath and stares at Keeper, who is eyeing him, biting her lip with a smirk. She knows what he just saw, and she enjoys watching him suffer.

Rick still points his gun towards her.

"WHat did you do?" He asks her. Tears still brim his bloodshot eyeds.

Keeper holds her finger up, signaling him to keep quiet, and Rick holds up his phone.

"Okay" He says in a hurried tone before putting it down into his pants.

Then she disappears, leaving a trail of red mist where she once had been

_________

Keeper reapears on a bed room. The dim moonlight illuminating the body of a woman.

She walks to the bed and stares at the sleeping figure.

Then she covers her mouth.

The person wakes up with a start, panicking at the sight of The Keeper, but even as she tries to move, Keeper doesn't let her.