Chapter 15

OMG!!! We just hit 1K reads! I can't explain how happy I am! I couldn't have done it without you, and I thank you so much for reading and voting on my chapters.  

If you are new, and are just starting to follow this story, you might not get a shoutout, but please know that I see you, and I appreciate everything you do.

This chapter is dedicated to @LoveDamon1214 , thank you for voting on my story even though some chapters might be crappy and really badly done, I thank you for reading my story when it had like 100 reads, so this chapter is for you! 💗💗

________

Ryland?" Rick asks, touching Ryland's shoulder softly. 

Ryland snaps out of her daze, wiping the memory of her sister out of her brain, and shaking her head slightly. 

"Huh?" She asks, looking back at Rick with a confused look. 

Everyone else is staring at her with a curious look, waiting for her. 

"I asked if you were ready to go" Rick responds softly. 

Ryland looks at Rick for a moment. Then she clears her throat, looking at the floor nervously and nodding. 

"Yeah. Um, Yes. Let's go" 

Rick looks at her for a moment, and then makes a motion with his hand, commanding his soldiers to keep on walking behind him.

Ryland stays back for a moment, trying to regain herself, before catching up with the rest of the team.  

They stop at the back part of the floor, a plain, gray, concrete wall standing in front of them. 

 Rick moves forward, pulling a device from his pant pocket, and turning it on. He moves it across the concrete wall, waiting for the device to spring into action.  

His eyebrows rise as the device starts beeping loudly, watching as it's red light turns bright green. He waits a second before turning it off, and then he puts it back into his pocket. 

Sighing, he stands up from the crouch he is and stares at the wall for a moment. 

"It's here" He says simply, turning around and motioning for a soldier to hand him the bomb with an open hand.  

The soldier scrambles for the bomb, putting it in Rick's hand quickly and then stepping back to where he once was, not saying a word. 

Behind the soldiers, Ryland watches, intrigued by what he is doing. 

She looks over their shoulders, watching as Rick stands straight and takes in a breath. 

"Alright everyone, you might wanna take a step back" He says in a serious voice, as he himself takes a few steps back. 

Ryland watches as the soldiers take cover behind desks, and she scurries to do the same. 

"Every one hold tight!" Rick shouts, just a giant explosion sounds through the entire room. 

Ryland closes her eyes, wincing at the strong sound, and then slowly opens them again when nothing else happens. 

She slowly stands up, looking at the concrete wall. 

It's safe to say it's still a wall. Except now it has a hole in it. 

Immediately the soldiers jump into action, holding their guns up high and running into the hole one after the other. 

 Ryland trails after them, not wanting to be left behind, and is stuck behind Captain Boomerang. 

She steps through the hole, coughing and waving off the dust with a frown.