Chapter 24

Deadshot looks at Ryland, or what used to be, and then turns to look at Rick.

"So that's your woman" He says, holding eye sight with him.

Rick sighs sadly, nodding as he looks at the floor.

"Yeah" He mutters.

"Ah well you need to handle this shit. Alright? Get up there, smack on that ass and tell her to knock this shit off" He says, nodding to his words.

Rick's vision shifts from Keeper to Deadshot, and he shakes her head.

"I do not think that would be wise"

He looks at the ground, and then shakes his head, trying to concentrate on anything except Ryland.

"Im gonna draw out the big one. My boys will detonate the bomb underneath him"

Harley, who was watching Keeper, turns to look at the rest of the team.

"Did you all just see that?!?! That wasn't a witch. That was some kind of, twisted demon or something" She exclaims, looking at them.

And for a mere second, Harley finds herself being sorry for Ryland, for having to live with such a curse.

Besides her, Boomerang is seeing Katana, who is looking at Enchantress and Keeper. He smirks, winking at her.

"Perhaps, we should uh, get a drink sometime" he says, trailing off. Katana doesn't answer, she just turns to look at him with an unamused glance.

Boomerang takes a step closer to her.

"Or we could

"We've been waiting for you all night!" Enchantress interrupts in her witchy voice as she stares at the pillars where the team is hiding.

"We know you're there. You can step out of the shadows. Come on. We won't bite" Keeper exclaims, amusement on her tone.

Rick looks at the both sisters, as their hearts both stand out from their chests with a bright glow, and their arms sources of power for the gigantic storm that stands behind them.

Everyone steps back, hesitating as they look at each other. Chato shakes his head, motioning everyone to stay still.

But Harley shrugs, returning to her obnoxious self, and starts to step out into the light, but not before Deadshot grabs her, pulling her back and holding her in place.

"Why are you here?" Enchantress asks suddenly at the team.

"Is it because of the soldier? Because the soldier led you?" Keeper questions, stepping down a step besides her sister, smiling wickedly.

"Oh, and let's not forget about Waller" Enchantress pitches in, her dark voice resoning over the four walls as she turns to look at Keeper.

"Why serve those who cage you?" Keeper continues, the power coursing through her veins.

"We're your allies" Enchantress says, leaning towards them.

"And we know what you want" Keeper finishes.

"Exactly, what you want"

Rick doesn't want to look, afraid that the image of Keeper is going to tear him apart.

He closes his eyes tightly.

And suddenly there's no more noise.

He opens his eyes slowly, and what he sees before him surprises him.

He's sitting on the edge of a table, the breeze on the open windows going through.

He stares around the place, watching the vivid apartment. A couch sits there, a tv in front of it. There's a fireplace, and a wide balcony.

The door in front of him opens, revealing a smiling Ryland in a sun dress, the breeze moving it around gracefully. Her hair bounces in a styled high ponytail as she carries a tray of food.

"I made you your favorite!" She says cheerfully, walking over to him and setting down the food on the table gently.

Then she trails around him, sitting on the chair next to him and grabbing both of his hands sweetly, squeezing them slightly as she looks at him with loving eyes.

"Now tell me, how was your day? I want to hear all about it" She says, a bright smile adorning her face.

Rick shakes his head, trying to clear the image off his mind as he stares in confusion at Ryland.

Ryland frowns, her head cocking to the side.

"What's wrong?" She questions, scooting her chair closer to him.

"I dont- I dont know" Rick mutters, staring at the table.

Ryland smiles at him sweetly.

"Everything's fine, tommorrow we have the day off. You wanna do something? Just you and me?" She questions.

Rick looks at her and smiles, nodding.

Then she leans over, smiling as she kisses his lips sweetly before leaning over to his ear.

"It's not real" She whispers into his ear.

"What?" Rick questions, his face contorting in confusion.

Ryland pulls away and caresses softly his cheek, smiling sweetly.

"Oh Rick. Its not real" she says, still smiling, shaking her head.

Rick blinks rapidly, the vision slowly fading away, and he stares around silently at the rest of the team, wondering if that was what he really wanted.

"It's not real!" Chato exclaims infront of Deadshot.

Rick nods as he stares at the floor.

"He's right. It's not real" he exclaims hoarsley as he looks at the team.

Chato hurries out of their hiding spot, stepping to look at Keeper and Enchantress, the rest fo the team trailing behind him.

Keeper smiles, her arms spreading out around her.

"How long have you been able to see?" She questions, looking at them.

Chato stops walking

"My whole life!" He exclaims at her, responding her question.

Chato looks around him at the team and then back at Keeper and Enchantress.

"You can't have them. These are my people right here. And we won't let your have Ryland either" He shouts, his voice resonating across the four walls as he looks around and them pointing at her.

Keeper laughs wickedly, as she inches towards him.

"Don't you see? You already have!" She exclaims. "You led her right here. Right where we needed her to be" She says, smiling.

"You see, this is our time. The sun is setting and the magic arises" She says, moving her hands in strange ways.

"The metahumans are signs of change" Enchantress pitches in, a smile on her face.

"Ladies. You are evil!" Deadshot shouts, pointing the both of them.

Keeper stops smiling, and points besides her, exclaiming some unknown words to her brother with a frown.

Incubus starts walking towards them with heavy steps, each time edging closer to the team.

"This is going to be bad!" Rick shouts to the team before Incubus shoots his arms forward, making the whole team scatter around the room, behind marble showcases and walls.

And Keeper and Enchantress watch, a smile on their faces as Incubus trails with destruction.