Chapter 10

Flashback

Amanda walks the hall with quick steps, her heels clinking against the hardwood floor. 

"Report" She says to the guard, who is trailing closely behind her, rummaging through his files. He pulls out a file and hands it to her. Amanda takes it, reads it, and then hands it back to him. 

"Where is this?" She asks.

"We don't know ma'am" He says, beginning to get panicked. 

"And why are they requesting me?" She asks again.  

"We're detecting metahuman activity" he tells her, in a rush. 

Amanda turns a corner and walks into a room. A big screen on the front of the room illuminates the entire room, and agents sit on their respective computers, assessing the situation. 

"Ma'am, should we activate Protocol F?" An agent asks from her desk, looking back at her. 

Amanda shakes her head. 

"I want to know what we're dealing with first. I want every possible camera on the entire place on this screen!" She shouts, pointing to the gigantic screen. "And if that isn't possible, I want you to send a camera there and get me eyes on them "

All agents nods, each typing on their own computers and mumbling into their headsets. 

"Got one!" One agent shouts. 

He looks at Amanda for approval, and she nods. 

The new video shows on the screen, and everyone goes silent. 

Two people, one dressed in black rags, the other in red walk the center of the street. People run, scared and screaming, and the two beings look around, smiling to themselves. . 

The street lights are flickering on and off, and the camera itself is loosing strength. 

"Oh my god" The agent besides Amanda whispers under his breath. 

Amanda turns to look at him, and his mouth snaps shut. 

Amanda watches for a moment, examining the two creatures. 

A flash of light envelopes the camera, and everyone covers their eyes, the bright light making them blind. 

Amanda awaits for the image to clear, expecting to see a masacre on her feet, but what she sees is something much more surprising. 

Two figures sit on the pavement, one with her hands clutching her knees, visibly shivering. Her cheeks are streaked with tears. The other figure is just sitting on the ground, criss-cross, staring into the void. 

It takes Amanda a second before she realises it. 

The two girls were being possessed by something. They were only victims of something much bigger than themselves. Something much more evil too. 

"I need someone to bring both of them in. I need to know what's going on!" She shouts, still looking at the now paused image. 

"On it" An agent shouts back.  

Amanda looks at the screen for a second before walking to the door. She stops and turns back, everyone looking at her. 

"And someone get me Rick Flag on the phone!" 

A/N: I;m sorry I took so long! I have been really busy, but... I am out of school now, so I get to write even more! Expect to have several updates of all my stories over the week. Hope you like it! If you have any questions please don't doubt to ask!