Chapter 9

"Behold the voice of god!" Rick shouts as he shows the criminals the device. 

Ryland snorts at the words. Amanda Waller was nothing close to a god, and would probably never be, to her anyways. 

"For those of you who don't know me officially, my name is Amanda Waller. There's an active terrorist event in Midway City. I want you to enter the city and rescue HVT-1 and get them so safety"  her voice comes out of the tablet speakers. 

Ryland watches as Floyd raises his hand. 

"I'm sorry, uhhh. For those of us who don't speak good guy, what is HVT-1?" 

"The only person that matters in the city. The one person you can't kill. Complete the mission you get time off your prison sentence. Fail the mission you die. If anything happens to Coronel Flag or Dr.Moone, i'll kill every single one of you"

All their faces eye her, wanting to know what is so special about a girl that they would need to die for. 

Ryland purses her lips and stares ahead, joining her hands in front of her. 

"Remember I'm watching. I see everything"  Amanda says before the screen turns black. 

Rick puts the device down and stares at the inmates. 

"There's your pep talk" He tells Deadshot 

Deadshot smiles and tilts his head. 

"Compared to your shit she killed it"

Rick only stares at him with a straight face. 

"So that's it. What are we, some kind of Suicide Squad?" Floyd wonders. 

Rick takes a few steps towards him. 

"I'll notify your next of kin" 

He says as he pushes past them. 

Ryland stays behind, watching the criminals. 

Captain Boomerang eyes her carefully and smirks before taking a sip of his drink. 

"Alpha, Bravo team out up!" Rick yells in the distance. 

________________

Katana climbs into the helicopter as it is taking off, her hair whipping in the wind.  

"You're late" Rick calls out. 

Ryland sits in front of him, eyeing the girl. 

Katana speaks in another language, making it impossible to understand. 

Rick looks at Ryland. Then at the others. 

"THis is Katana. She's got Ryland's and my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke, just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of her victims" 

Harley leans over Ryland and extends her hand out towards her. 

"Harley Quinn, nice to meet ya" She pulls her hand back. "I love your perfume. What is that, the stench of death?" 

Ryland lets out a snort and Harley looks at her before bursting out in giggles. 

Katana looks at her for a moment. Then she utters some words and makes a move to pull out her sword. 

Rick holds his hand out. 

"Woahh. Easy cowgirl. It ain't that kind of a mission. have a seat."